“Great concept and great execution!”

The 3rd Corner Wine Shop & Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 74
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The food, menu and service are all quite good. The wine pricing and selection are both superb. We've been several time during a to month stay here. The best wine we enjoyed was a Pinot Noir that, with the five dollar corkage charge, cost $34. The winery's website listed it's retail price as $44 and two other good restaurants had this same wine on their lists for $75 !

The food pricing is a bit low for the quality and imagination of the dishes. And if you want a great cheeseburger with not over-salted frites, this is the best burger we've found in the desert.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have been going to restaurant for two years, and it is our favourite casual restaurant in Palm Desert. It is a casual restaurant, with a wine store in the centre which offers a great selection of NOT TO BE FOUND EVERYWHERE wines, AT REASONABLE PRICES. bEING ABLE TO SELECT YOUR WINES, AND THEN PAY A SMALL CORKAGE ADDS GREATLY TO THE DINING EXPERIENCE. I enjoy slecting the wine from such a large selection with the help of a good sommelier.
The food does incorporate some local ingredients, does offer some innovative recipes, and is always hot.
It is a welcoming place, all staff, servers reception, sommelier are courteous, knowledegeable and quick to offer opinions on the menu...would recommend with no hestitation for an easy, casual dining experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Read about this place on Tripadvisor and while it was fairly highly rated we found it to be even better than expected. A very nice restaurant, excellent service, very good food and a very good wine selection from the accompanying wine store. Chose an excellent California Zinfandel at $25 + $5 corkage, a real good deal in my books. Out of all the restaurants we visited in the area this was my favorite. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

When we went to The 3rd Corner, my wife and I offered to pick out the wine. We found several wines that we liked and settled on a Neyers Zin that we get back home. It was very reasonably priced.
Our food was very good. The beet salad was easily enough for two people. I had the Steak Frites and it was good. Another in our party had the braised ribs and thought they were good.
My only complaint is that because of the acoustics the restaurant is noisy and it is difficult to hear.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place has excellent ambiance. Food is good and service is so-so. As is becoming common, you may purchase a bottle of wine as you walk to your table--for some reason they then add a corkage fee to open it for you. Order the bottle off the menu and there is no corkage fee. My wife had the short ribs and really liked them. I had a steak which was done to perfection. After waiting 10 minutes for our check we inquired about our server who had disappeared and were told that he was in the office. So, I repeat--good food and shaky service.