“UGH!!!”

Cactus Jack's Bar and Grill
Ranked #46 of 293 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cactus Jack's is a local's favorite specializing in steaks, seafood and pasta.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Outdated, sloppy, way overpriced, too much food, greasy, and I feel gross when I think about the whole place... even now!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I have frequented and enjoyed Catus Jack's in Indio for some 20 years, and now we have a second restaurant in a somewhat more upscale location and a newer and nicer facility. In any case, Cactus Jack's serves very good quality, quintessential American food in generous portions. Be careful with the cocktails, as they are very generous with the booze. The staff are virtually all solidly competent veterans and provide consistently excellent service.

Very good food in a nice but not overly fancy atmosphere, Cactus Jack's is a solid choice for many occasions.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is one of the regular lunch spots that my wife and I frequent during our annual visit to the desert. Always great service and very good food. I would certainly recommend Cactus Jack's Bar and Grill.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This restaurant has one of the best happy hours in the desert. It starts at 3pm and goes until closing. The food in the bar was fantastic. We were so surprised. Three prime rib sliders with crispy fries for $12.00. It can't be beat. Powerful well drinks and a lot of very friendly people. A white table cloth dining room on the other side of the bar looks very inviting. My friends had the calamari sticks (beyond delicious) and the Asian chicken salad which was just plain yummy. Cactus Jack sits on the service road next to Hwy 111. You can see it but it might be a little difficult to get there. Keep trying it's well worth the effort.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just arrived at the Best Western across the street and were a little bit hungry. We were sick of driving so we decided to walk to this place. Glad we did because the food and service were very good. My wife and I are not big eaters and on previous trips we found out that some of the meals were quite large and we hate wasting food. This restaurant allowed plate splitting (there is a charge) which gave us the meal size that was adequate for us. As mentioned by other members, the outside is non descript, but the inside is quite nice. It is divided into three areas, one for fine dinning, another for more casual and the outside for more relaxed. There were three menus to choose from in the casual area, ranging from full course to finger food.