“Great food on El Pasao!”
Review of Firecliff - CLOSED

Firecliff
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Awesome restaurant with outdoor deck along El Pasao. Went for lunch with the girls and enjoyed salads, salmon, fresh berries and cream brule! All fresh and good. Service was good too. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants on El Paseo, so it pains me to give it only 3 Stars. We went to dinner on Saturday. We had a 6:45 reservation. We went into the bar for a drink first and to listen toSonny play the piano (we love him!)
Our table was ready at about 7:15, which was fine with us. The waiter came to the table right away and we ordered wine. He came back for our order about 10 minutes later. Our salad came about 10 minutes later. So far, so good. And then we waited and waited....... Did not get our entrees for one hour. The waiter came by a few times to tell us we "were next". Yeah right. Did not offer a glass of wine. Nothing. When he saw we were upset about the wait (duh!), he said he would buy desert. We said no thanks, we didn't want to wait another 30minutes!
We like this restaurant; good food and atmosphere. But there is no excuse for that kind of wait. If we go back, it will be in the bar with Sonny!

1  Thank PetalumaTraveler
Reviewed February 25, 2013

WE planned on eating at an establishment on El Paeso, but they were booked completely (happy hour). We decided to walk down the street to another place,but before we made it we found Firecliff. WE poked our heads in and heard wonderful piano music. No happy hour so it was peaceful and romantic. WE each had two appetizers: Grilled wild mushroom plate was absolutely spot on. I had the Corn Bisque which was light and had a slight kick after each spoonfull. The Grilled Jumbo Prawns with a mild curry and a chutney was also cooked just right and had the right amoount of spice for me. The only disappointment was Red Pear Gorganzola salad. There should have been more pieces of pear and less ruffage. Service by Al was excellent and Philip gave us a nice four top table far enough away from the piano so we could talk and also hear many of our favorite songs. Place was busy for a Monday night! Will go back again before too long.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went for a late lunch one day and The restaurant was very quiet, the food was quite good and the service very attentive, but not as god as a previous dinner I had. Palm Desert is not known for the quality of its restaurants and this was one of my favorites so I was hoping for more.
I would go back again and give it another chance as I think it can be excellant again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a delightful upscale restaurant both in the variety of the menu and the warm and professional service. By upscale I do not mean pricey, just a step above the rest on El Paseo in Palm Desert. Great onion soup, super fresh salads and both meats and seafood cooked to perfection. We will be back.

2  Thank sheila h