“Great service and food”

Grill-A-Burger
Ranked #6 of 273 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: At GRILL-A-BURGER, Palm Desert, we have a passion for hamburgers. We make our trendsetting burgers the old-fashioned way using only the finest and freshest ingredients available. Our hand crafted, grilled-to-order, moist and juicy patties are made daily from fresh (never frozen) 100% all-natural USDA Inspected Choice Beef, free of artificial hormones, antibiotics, and other things that don't belong in hamburgers. And we have nice buns, too! They are freshly baked daily at a local bakery. Buns are slightly toasted and garnished with garden crisp lettuce, hand-sliced red onion, vine-ripened tomato and sliced kosher pickles. Our homemade French fries are never frozen and are only made with fresh Idaho Russet potatoes that are hand cut, double-fried and lightly salted without any processing steps in between. And we change our zero trans fat oil every day! Clean oil = crisp, great-tasting fries! Our authentic soda fountain milkshakes and malts are hand-dipped, hand spun and made with premium vanilla bean ice cream, whole milk and natural flavorings. All served in a place that considers our environment by using food packaging that is all natural and made from annually renewable resources by buying from as many local vendors as possible and, of course, by using energy efficient equipment and recycling. We hope this is everything that you have been looking for in a burger place and MORE! Again, welcome and enjoy! Awards include: Best Burger Desert Sun 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, Best Burger Palm Springs Life 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, LA Times Best Burger in the Inland Empire 2012, TRIPADVISOR TOP 10 BURGER JOINTS IN THE USA 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great service and food”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were headed home from the Bay area, and my daughter found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. Only a few miles off the freeway - it was well worth the detour (plus there is a Costco gas at the exit - filled up the tank after we filled ourselves).

They have a rather lengthy menu that includes lots of burger variations, some salads, and sides. We had the Greek burger (kalamata olives & feta cheese), Italian burger (roasted red peppers, mozzarella cheese, and basil), and a Hawaiian burger (pineapple & teriyaki). All were flavorful and fresh. The meat was cooked just as ordered (MR with a little pink, M cooked through but still juicy and moist). Buns had some substance to them but still soft and fresh. We also had an order of garlic fries. They were freshly made with lots of garlic.

Service was great - water & tea was refilled often and busboy, waiter, and manager/owner (?) checked on us throughout the meal. They even provided a to-go cup for my iced tea.
To top it all off - we were back on the road in less than an hour including drive from exit and getting gas.
On our list for a stop over for the next trip to California.

• Visited June 2013
calinadian, Owner at Grill-A-Burger, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear GSM_TRVLR, thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review! I love that you noted the efficiency in the time it took for you to dine at Grill A Burger, time is always an important factor when on a road trip! Sounds like you had the "My Big Fat Greek Hamburger", the "Ohh la la Parisian Burger" and the "Honolulu Burger", some of our most popular signature burgers! Our garlic fries are perfect compliment to all of your choices. I'm hungry just typing this up… I hope that you do come back and visit us soon!

East Coast
“Great burgers and more”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The restaurant was in a strip mall and while the atmosphere was simple, but the food was exceptional. There were many interesting burger choices. I went for the Dracula Burger...garlic and roasted peppers. Cooked to order- medium rare. I'm fussy and it was perfect, even though we showed 15 minutes before closing. My wife had an Avocado Avalanche- large and flavorful. We also had the avocado fries as an appetizer, very good. Looking forward to a return trip.

1 Thank 3TravelingBuds
Thanks 3TravelingBuds (love your username by the way!) for your complimentary review! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your Dracula Burger (hope you had a breath mint nearby afterwards…). The Avocado Avalanche is a mountainous salad that definitely delivers a punch. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the valley and look forward to your many return visit anytime!
Rancho Mirage, California
“Top Notch”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm not actually a huge burger fan, but wow I was very impressed with their selection. All of us tried each others meals and we all loved it. When I get fries I tend to not eat very many, but I couldn't stop eating these, they were amazing. One person ordered a chili dog covered in coleslaw, it sounded ghastly, but was awesome. I'll definitely be bringing my friends here to impress them with a great meal. Service was spot on and charming. Atmosphere was genuine, cool looking place, though we ate outside. Give it a shot, bet you'll love it.

1 Thank JEReeve
calinadian, Owner at Grill-A-Burger, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hey there JEReeve! Thanks for the 5 star review! I'm hoping after you GAB visit, you may be more of a burger fan now than you were before?! Sounds like you did the smart thing and had a taste of all the meals. The fries are amazing and just like a famous chip brand, I betcha' can't eat just one! Thanks for the compliments on the atmosphere, we love to know that people feel comfortable and casual amongst all the silly decor. Good food, good service, good friends and good times! Looks like you checked those all off during your visit! Would be happy to serve you again anytime!
Danville, California
“Okay Burgers, But Nothing Impressive”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After dining here, we're still surprised that this is considered one of the best burgers in town. We walked in and found the place to be pretty busy, and kind of old in a way that didn't make me feel like eating there. I don't usually care about old chairs and tables, but maybe I just didn't dig the Green carpet, paper jungle decor and the overall effect. The bathroom was clean, and that is one of the most important things, so that was a plus. A lot of previous TA reviewers got a laugh out of the burger names, but I didn't appreciate a few of them that bordered on offensive. 1 of us got a deluxe cheeseburger while the other 2 ordered mini burgers, and I ordered a Greek burger. I thought the bun was really good, but I couldn't really taste my burger's kalamata olives or anything particularly Greek except the feta. Otherwise, it was okay, except for the 2 tablespoons of grease that soaked through my burger's paper wrapper and stained my new denim capris. Well, that was my mistake, but our server was really nice about it and brought me a dishcloth and some club soda to help get it out. I appreciated that a lot. The milkshakes my kids ordered were good, just not flavorful enough for our taste. They are teenagers, and they pretty much felt the same way I did: it's basically an okay burger joint, and the atmosphere leaves something to be desired. My husband's grilled burgers are yummier and less greasy.

Visited June 2013
Dear waikikisun, I'm sory to hear that you were not completely happy with your experience. It's disappointing that we didn't hit the mark for you. I can understand your thoughts on the ambience of the place, but it's been a local favorite that many people have come to find cozy and familiar. We often hear from diners that they like the unassuming atmosphere and the casual tone of the setting and make us promise not to change a thing! The menu names are meant to make people smile, but as with all humor, it varies from person to person. We respect that and apologize for any disrespect you may have felt. Glad that you recognized the bathrooms as being clean, that's important to us (and frankly to everyone, right?). We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Palm Desert and that you had a great time in your vacation in the valley!
El Segundo, California
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Found this little burger joint in a strip mall, but it was well worth it. The hamburgers were very good but what really made the night stand out was the service - specifically by the waiter Josh. This place is a wonderful place for a casual meal.

Visited June 2013
Dear 10sgolflover, thanks for taking the time to review Grill A Burger. We are so glad you were happy with Josh! He's definitely a seasoned server and one of our favorites! Casual meals with high quality ingredients in a fun and friendly atmosphere is what we strive for. So glad that you were satisfied with your visit! Hope to serve you again soon!