“Amazing”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, California, United States
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. Everything from the room to the service exceeded my every expecatation. Defreitasgirl said it best when she said it was an Oasis in the desert. HIGHTLY RECCOMENDED !!!!

Room Tip: Every room I saw was amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bayron G, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello--
JimmR, I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful score you bestowed upon us on tripadvisor. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your support and look forward to another visit when you comeback to Palm Desert.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
Orange, California
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a great property with an awesome staff. Resort was clean. Rooms were well stocked. The room with the kitchenette is still adequate for basic cooking if you cook while on vacation like we do. Staff was professional, friendly and responsive. My kids loved it as well. There were fun activities for them to do plus the water slide. We will definitely be back.

Hello--
CAD17, I am happy to learn you enjyoed the stay so much you are ready to come back! Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward for your future visit to Westin Desert Willow Villas.

Ventura, California
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the westin desert willows, excellent employees from the front desk check in to the employees at all the venues through out the property. We had a group of about 35 people and everyone had great reviews of their stay over the 4th of july holiday.

Room Tip: Bldg. 6 nice and quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello--
porfirio g, I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your support during the 4th of July festivities. I hope you can comeback soon to enjoy the property more. Please feel free to connect with me on your next visit to Palm Desert.

California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Desert Willow property and had the best time. The villas are brand new, so do not rely on Apple maps to get you there. Luckily, the hotel is nice enough to send you a map postcard prior to your arrival. Talk about a lifesaver. The check in process was a breeze. Jonathan and Kelli were great. We made our way to our villa and it was spacious and clean. It was very hot during our stay, but we didn't really even notice. Between the pool for the kiddos and the excellent bartender and poolside service from the staff, we were beyond happy. Even the gentleman who cleaned the pool was very friendly and kind. Overall, the amazing staff is what makes this location fantastic. The villas are awesome as well, so it's really a win-win. You can't go wrong staying here.

Hello--
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned. Look forward for your return visit, thank you for your support.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have to tell you if you are looking for a great time to relax and spend quality time with your family, this is the place, it's so clean and inviting, everyone there was helpful, I go to the desert twice a year and I can assure you that you will enjoy it.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you choose the the one on the south side, those are A+
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jackson2180, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Best, thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your stay. We were excited to hear that the family had a relaxing experience at the property. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Warren Jerome

Director of Operations
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in this quiet, clean, beautiful resort. The room was spacious and very well equipped. The pools are clean and the staff are very courteous and attentive. There were a few small maintenance issues (burnt out light bulbs, cupboard door came unhinged) but nothing that affected our stay. We had a great time!!

Room Tip: We had initally been given a room whose balcony faced the parking lot in building five. We requeste...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayron G, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello--
kdb351 , Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

california
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was there the past weekend with my young children. We went to the Indian Canyon in the morning, were all tired and hungry and sweaty by about 1pm. We decided not to have lunch at a restaurant since our young twins were tired. So we stopped by Traders Joes, bought some frozen food, assuming we could check into the hotel at 2pm like all the rest of the hotels that we have stayed! Got there, went to the front desk, everything seems alright until the nice lady told me that she can not guarantee the room for us before 4pm. We were all so grumpy and hot. I kept asking her to give me a time frame so I would know what to do with my kids. She just told me she wouldn't know anything until the housekeepers inform her! Later I found out the check out time is 10am! We were there for just one night and I was hoping we could enjoy the pool in the morning before checking out....They seriously need to hire more housekeepers!!
Also, watch out for the sliding door. We were in building four, a handicap room. The sliding door slides so fast, and it is very heavy. I slammed my finger, thought I broke it! I cannot imagine if this happens to one of my young kids. The door literally will bounce back if you just try to close it gently, that's how fast it slides! I talked to the manager afterwards, I hope he will do something about it. They need to install some kind of safety pin or something to slow the door down before it hits the wall. It was certainly not a pretty scene to have my kids watch me screaming, bleeding, and crying from pain....and later went to the pool with puffy eyes and holding my injured finger up (luckily it was not the middle finger)
The room is nice. I don't know about the rest of the villa, but they gave us a handicap room since that's the one "closer to the pool". Very tiny bathtub, no jacuzzi like I saw in some pictures, no counter space in the bathroom. I ended up putting my bathroom stuff in the bedroom.
But the kids love the place :) the pool is nice. Older ones loved the volley ball pool, and of course the water slide. Very nice people working on the property. Also like that they provide very cold drinking water at the pool for all guests so you don't have to worry about bringing your own water bottles.
Yes, we will come back.....

Room Tip: Plan your trip according to the late check in and early check out time.
2 Thank blackturtle
Hello--
blackturtle, I can understand your feelings regarding arrival times and departure times. Whilst we do accept early arrivals and late departures requests, it is not possible to guarantee specific times. However, please be assured, every effort is made to accommodate our guests based on their requests. We do apologise for the disappointment on this occasion. Our guests’ safety is our priority and we will investigate your concerns regarding the sliding door. I am sorry to learn you did not enjoy our full size tub while you were here, please note that it’s only available when you book the Premium room. I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to the premium villa on your next visit based on availability. Please feel free to connect with me at bayron.garcia@westin.com When you come back to Palm Desert.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Desert Willow Villas? Share your experiences!