“Must stop for bargain shoppers.”

College of the Desert Street Fair
Ranked #8 of 60 things to do in Palm Desert
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the College of the Desert campus in Palm Desert CA this year round weekend event sponsors over 300 merchants offering a wide variety of unique gifts, gadgets, tools, clothing, outstanding food, original art, housewares, yard/patio furniture and décor and much much more.
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Whenever I get a chance to visit the desert I go to the street fair. They have so many booths and bargains. My favorite sterling silver booth(on the far right isle when you enter), has to be my favorite. They have a wonderful selection and great prices.
Be sure and get there early. They close at noon and when the weather gets cooler they stay open till2:00.

3  Thank msacks71

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Went to the swapmeet on a July Sunday 11 am---yes, it was hot as expected, but a certain humidity unusual for the area simply saturated us with hot air pressure. I tasted a few breads made by a nice lady at a corner booth, but the one made with pineapple had soured in the heat---ugh. Still, the date bread I bought was great and I do wish I had purchased 2 for $10 instead of one for $6---how hard it is to find a bread made with low sugar, no dairy and still sweet and wholesome! The heat drained my energy. Still, the vendors told me they get 5 thousand affluent shoppers and snowbirds coming through in the cool season of Oct-May and I saw that the merchandise was nice enough to suit their tastes. The Fresh Jewelry vendor there makes pendants from tiles off a fountain Elvis Presley made by hand for wife Priscilla...but you can only buy them at the Elvis honeymoon house in Palm Springs. A good stop especially in cooler weather.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

350 vendors at high point in season nov thru april. winter session is oct thru may. food choices are vastly improved. so well known it's frequented by tour buses fron so cal & az & has a large midwest & northwest following. Not everything a super buy but reasonably priced & items you can't find anywhere else in the world

1  Thank Greg T
Reviewed May 31, 2012

COD (College Of The Desert) I enjoy this fair! Good value and the vendors are all so friendly.
. Love the shopping here.

I went to see the statue of Marilyn Munroe (she is huge) at the Palm Springs street fair. This is a great market with far better quality, choices, great music and food for all. Open on Thursdays. This street fair would be my first choice by far and I could easily spend a few hours enjoying the buzz..

Remember to wear a hat, comfortable shoes, use sunscreen as it does get very, very hot and take cash as not all the stalls will take cards.

5  Thank Lilarose13
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Loads of things for sale, both handcrafted and mass produced. The bathrooms are clean and air conditioned. There is a "food court" area with seats, and free golf cart shuttle from the parking lots. Although it gets hot, most vendors had shade and some had fans to circulate the air. Would go again!

2  Thank luvpink11