“Horribly rude hostess”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cook
Transit: Sun Bus stop at Country Club Drive and Cook Street
Description: Great Food, Great Views! At Lakeview Restaurant you'll find Classic American Fare where our guests are spoiled with hearty choices from house made soups, great salads, popular sandwiches and great steaks. Our menu includes a variety of sustainable and organic selections as well as our fabulous pastry chef selection of delectable desserts. In addition to our popular menu, our buffets are favorites of resort guests and locals alike. We serve an extensive breakfast buffet featuring; omelets made to order, Eggs Benedict, salmon, fresh baked pastries and much more. Friday and Saturday nights offer our "All You Can Eat Dinner Buffet" featuring; crab legs, shrimp, prime rib carved to order, pasta made to order, a tempting dessert buffet and much more. Lakeview is the perfect place for food, fun, friends and family!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

RE Rockwood Grill
Going there for breakfast, at the host table at the bottom of the stairs was an Asian lady who did not look up, but greeted me. I said one for breakfast. She did not look up but asked me my name. I said why? and she asked me "how do you spell that?" again never looking up.
How intrusive, rude, anti-customer. She needs to be fired. Then another employee came along and seated me.

1  Thank AskAndyPalmDesert

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I thought the side dishes all sounded so good, we'd just get one of each and share, rather than having regular entrees. Every dish was delicious! None of us could choose which we liked best but the grilled asparagus was a top favorite. The short boat ride to the restaurant was fun, too - something a little different. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Rockwood Grill was excellent and food delish! I had the campanelli pasta and brussell sprouts with onion and bacon. My husband had the flat iron steak and potato, he loved it. The kids menu is great for the little ones. But, the best part was our server (can't remember her name, but she was from Italy). She treated us like we were her only table. Our kids loved the chocolate mousse for desert! Loved the atmosphere, very california casual.. I highly recommend this restaurant whether you are staying at the JW Marriott Desert Springs or not.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Actually, the food was good too! We both had filets....8 ounces cooked to perfection. That's what you get for $42. Everything else is an additional charge.

Love the ambiance and the service was great from Carlos. Actually, we liked everything about the restaurant except the prices. And, we had checked out the menu before making our reservations so we weren't surprised.

Outside dining is heated by propane heaters and big firepits. Very nice!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

First, the one fun thing about this restaurant is that you can take a boat ride to it - it's not necessary when you can more quickly walk to it, but a little tour of the resort by boat is fun for the kids. So if you're going to eat there, might as well take the extra 20 minute to take the boat ride.

As for the restaurant, it is fine, but far from spectacular. The food selection is very limited and the food itself is simply not very exciting. I had the salmon and the ahi poke; the ahi poke was very good, but the salmon was no different than what you can make at home. The other family members had lamb, which was apparently fine (notice my lack of superlatives). Our daughter ate cheese pizza, which by the fact that it is made for kids sort of limits the excitement.

The ambiance is nice, especially if you choose to eat outside. It does get noisy, though. We started our dinner at around 5:30, which was pretty quiet, but by 6:30 it was filled up and rather loud.

I will say, however, that the wait staff was very good.