“Comfy and cozy”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Comfy and cozy”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed there a few days before Christmas. It seemed like the owner cared about his/her property. They decorated the front area with ribbons and gift boxes and stuff. It truly had that holiday spirit we're looking for. Front desk clerk made us feel welcomed and asked us which floor we wanted to stay in and said, "I want to make you guys feel comfortable here, that's why I'm asking which floor you want to stay." Normally, people don't ask that kind of questions. you just get yours keys and never deal with them, but this one deserved to be in service industry. Our room was very clean. One thing I really liked about our room was that there were two types of pillows: firm and soft! I like firm pillows and my wife like soft pillows. I thought it was nice to have both - it just shows property manager/owner cares about little things like that. Overall, I was very satisfied with their price and quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I need a last minute place to stay for a night and the Comfort Suites was perfect in every way. Rooms were clean, comfortable, quiet, good location, and the breakfast in the morning was delicious! The service was good even at that late hour when I checked in. All in all, it was a pleasant night and I would definitely choose this property over others in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The front desk person was very friendly to start with. The room was clean and had a sink and working refrigerator and all the other furniture were very clean. I think the big thing was hot breakfast consisting of eggs, sausages and make your own waffles. There were cereal and yogurt for the kids.
The hotel was conveniently located across the street from Stater Bros and close to strip malls with many restaurants nears by.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm a Choice Platinum member and have stayed at many Comfort Suites. This is the first one that I've had a problem with the toilet, and had to get dressed and go down to the front desk to get a plunger at 4 AM. My wife had to go to the bathroom at 4 AM after me, but could not until I got the plunger, as my flush almost made the water overflow on to the floor. The tile in front of the bowl had big chunks of grout missing which the mgr. said was due to be replaced, maybe in April of 2014. This was room 326, and we were moved to 324 which had grout missing also. Room 324 seemed to have a more powerful flush, so we agreed to move even though it was an inconvenience. The mgr. eventually comp'd the entire first night because of this, so I asked two other guests if they had problems with their toilets, and they said "no". So, I'm going to say that it may be just room 326 that has the problem. Anyway, when we finally moved into room 324, we found the refrigerator door hinge was missing a screw, and would not keep our many things cold enough. The great maintenance man came up and eventually fixed the door, so we would not have to move again. But, by this time, we had lost valuable time in visiting the Palm Springs area. I was satisfied with the manager's response of comp'ing the room, but I felt the owner was waiting too long to get the bathroom floor fixed. My guess (I could be wrong) is that the owner is more concerned with depreciation schedules, than what his guests think of the bathroom floors, and other things that are scheduled to be replaced. I also must say that this is the first Comfort Suites I've been in that had a small sign by the bathroom towels that said that if any towels are missing after I leave, then my credit card would be charged a high price to replace them. This made me think that many thieves have stayed here as guests? Lastly, this is the first Choice Hotel that did not provide plain half and half in small containers for your coffee, and only provided the "chemical flavored" ones. I'm sure that saves money for the owner, but is not very considerate of his guests. Overall, I got the feeling that the owner was maximizing his profits, at the risk of turning off his guests when it came to the things I've mentioned above. Otherwise the motel is average, but with a Palm Desert, CA price that was, and is, higher than any other comfort suites we are staying at for this trip. It is conveniently located just off of I-10, and many services are located close by. I guess, to be fair, I'll say that it is OK for one night stay, but stay away from room 326 until the spring, IMO. I think the mgr. said that even the toilet bowls, may be due for replacing in the Spring, but I'm not sure?

Room Tip: Avoid room 326 until the Spring of 2014!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank raterMurrellsInlet
Orcutt, California, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were greeted very pleasantly after a long day! They granted our request for a ground floor, the breakfast was very filling and they never ran out of anything! The room was incredibly spacious and being a choice hotels member with advance purchase we got a great rate! There are millions of hotels to choose from on the 1-10 and we found a gem!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I wouldn't call my room a suite, but I would call it a large room with a small divider. It did have a mini-fridge, microwave, sink, etc. Had view of the pool. The location is good, as you can walk across the street to a shopping center and restaurants.

The wall-mounted air conditioner seemed fairly new, but made way too much noise. It was hard to sleep with the air conditioner on. Also, you're only a few hundred yards from the freeway and I could hear heavy trucks going by as well. The main problem is the air conditioner, though, and I would only stay here again during periods where you don't have to use it.

The TV reception varied between good and poor. You can hear the people walking around above, and they never seemed to stop. The front desk people were very nice. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special. The "scrambled eggs" made me wonder if they were really eggs.

It's a nice place, though, and I would consider staying there again when the weather doesn't require use of the air conditioner. I would have given it four stars if it weren't for the noise issue in my room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank maynard7
stevenson ranch, ca
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Let me start off by saying this: I work in a hotel. I work the front desk. I am the one who greets & welcomes guests, takes note of any complaints & it is my job--that's right, I get paid to make sure every guest is happy. It's not a difficult job, you just smile, listen to what the guest has to say & do your best to accomadate. Not that hard right? Well, that said, before I even left my house to make the 3+ hour drive, the hotel had already authorized my card for the 1st night... not completely out of the ordinary, but ok, whatever. When I get there, I was told because I was using a debit card, they authorize an additional $25 for incidentals. Frustrating, as I budget my money down to the dollar & my paycheck had only released a certain amount into my account before it cleared. No problem, I asked if I could have the incidentals shut off or pay a cash deposit. "No." Fine, I leave to deposit more cash into my account. Upon my return, the front desk clerk says "Oh I guess I could have authorized just 1 night instead of both nights." Grr... but whatever, either way, just check me into my room please! My honey & I had additional questions/needs as we settled in & we were given attitude as if we were putting out the staff...again, frustrating & not quite the welcoming/hospitable I was expecting.
A few minor maintenance issues in the room, but nothing that was detrimental to our stay...even the next night, again there was issues w/ the staff, mostly just poor customer service. I felt like I was an inconvenience to them rather than a guest. At check out, a 3rd staff member was glad to check me out. This is a pet friendly hotel, btw, so as I was checking out, my little dog did have an accident in the lobby (#1 not #2) which I immediately asked for a rag to clean it up myself. I was told that "they will mop it up later." I thought this odd as I wouldn't want other guests to see a puddle of piss at my hotel, so I asked a 2nd time for a rag to clean it up. This time I was given a rag & abruptly told to throw it away when I'm done.
Overall, it wasn't a horrible hotel, the room was quite nice -- I was just expecting to be treated the same way I treat every guest that comes thru my hotel, but perhaps that's asking too much these days. :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank m w
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear m w,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites Palm Desert and taking the time to review our hotel. As a fellow hotelier, especially working the front desk, I am surprised that you weren't aware of the debit/credit card policy. For some guests who aren't aware, we do have sign at the front desk clearly explaining the hotel's policy regarding this. We take great pride in providing great guest service to everyone and so I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. I will be sharing the information you provided with our staff to improve our services. Thank you once again for being our guest and please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns.