“Very comfortable”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Sedona, AZ 86351
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We were very pleased with the very comfortable Comfort Suites which was a great value. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was clean, large enough, and quiet with a nice bathroom. The setting is convenient near the interstate and one block from a mall which had a nice grocery store. We also checked the Motel 6 next door which with its small, hot, bare bones rooms made the CS well worth its modestly higher price (about $20 more). We had no complaints about the CS and look forward to staying there again.

• Liked — Nice room, great value
  • Disliked — No complaints. I liked everything.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ThePopeInSedona
CalHotelier, Manager at Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10, responded to this review, December 4, 2008
Hello ThePopeInSedona,

Thank you for your comments. We always try to price ourselves as a value against our competitors. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and chose us over the Motel 6. We feel that our amenities and the comfort of our rooms is well worth the extra you paid. Thank you again and we hope to see you on future trips to the desert.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
aspen, co
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Stayed a couple of nights, booked at AAA rate. I paid 130, but that was a bargain for the time of year. Staff was friendly, room was a suite, very clean and extremely well maintained, looked new. Easy to get to and a great value for the desert. I'll most definately stay again.

• Liked — small, easy access, well maintained and clean
  • Disliked — couldn't find a thing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
CalHotelier, Manager at Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10, responded to this review, April 16, 2008
Hello toughcustomer,

Thank you for your kind comments. It is always refreshing to see praises in reviews because most people that enjoy everything do not post reviews. It is usually people that have a negative experience that post the most reviews. Your review said that you paid $130 for the room, however, our normal AAA rate for February is a bit higher. (around $150 for weekdays and a little higher on weekends) I am guessing that you had a group rate since you came for a wedding.

We do try to keep the hotel in great condition so that it does look new. I am also hoping to do a light renovation later this year to update our furniture.
South OC, CA, USA
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My wife and I enjoyed in a late-summer desert stay at Palm Desert Comfort Suites (Sept 8 07), almost one year to the day since our first. This time, we used our Choice Privileges points and reserved a King Suite. Lucky for us, they had one of their largest King Jacuzzi suites available (room 101) and upgraded us free! Incidentally, this was our room on our first visit. I must mention that while the room was holding up okay since last year, the bathroom had a rather disgusting musty smell the entire time we were in the room. Other than for that, the room was clean, the 2-person jacuzzi tub was fun ;-) and the pool was better as they added quite a few new padded lounge chairs. I will suggest to try a room away from I-10 and the railroad tracks... but it really didn't bother us (all six jacuzzi suites are on the end of the building closest to the freeway and train tracks). Breakfast was okay... lots of bagels and breads, juices, do-it-yourself waffles, hard boiled eggs and (?) thinly-sliced heated ham... weird. The front-desk staff was excellent... the free upgrade and a two-hour checkout extension were both granted in a friendly manner. Bottom line... this sure isn't the nicest place we've stayed, but we still would like to return for a relatively inexpensive desert stay. And I'd be giving this stay a 4 of 5 if it wasn't for the musty bathroom smell.

• Liked — 2-Person Jacuzzi Tub In Bedroom/Lounging On Rafts In The Pool (106 Degrees!)
  • Disliked — Musty Bathroom Smell (Disgusting!)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bonesting69
Hello bonesting69,

I am sorry about the musty smell in the bathroom. Sometimes the housekeepers will close the bathroom doors after cleaning, which will cause the musty smell when it does not get the chance to dry completely. The heat at that time of year compounds the issue and causes the bathroom to get humid if there is still quite a bit of moisture. I have since asked housekeepers to leave the bathroom doors open in the hot months between June and October. If you stay with us again, please let us know of any issues and we will make our best effort to correct any problems. We have several methods to get rid of odors from simple spray air freshener to an ozone machine.
CA
Reviewed June 10, 2007

Overall, an ok stay. The room was nice but a bit dirty with trash, wrappers, old cheerios, etc on the floor. The window was extremely dirty for our "view" of the pool.

The evening clerk (Tiffany) that checked us in was pleasant and efficient. We called down for additional items that we needed and she took great care of us.

For a one night stay, not a bad place to stay.

• Liked — Evening Staff
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hello CHa-chiNG,

I am sorry for the condition of your room. If you stay with us again, please let us know right away if you find any trash on the floor. The condition of your room sounds unacceptable to me. Currently, every room is inspected after a check-out by our Executive Housekeeper. If you let us know of any problems with your room, it not only allows us to fix the problem but it also allows us to determine what areas the staff needs to improve.

Unfortunately, Tiffany is no longer with the company, but we always stress great customer service with all of our staff and try to go above and beyond to accommodate all of our guests.
Phoenix
Reviewed October 9, 2006

It is always a joy to sleep in a great bed , with great bedding , which sometimes is hard to find at a hotel. We really enjoyed our night at this hotel and wish we had more time to stay longer.. The breakfast was beyond what they call continental... Belgian waffles, sausage, bagels, yogurt, muffins, fruit, and more. You won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed October 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 28, 2005

We had a great stay here. The rooms were clean (I think they done a recent renovation) and the service was good. They had great waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2003

My husband and I stayed here, looking for a no-frills place to lay our heads at night. However, the inn was a bit of disappointment. It was more no frills than we had expected: the pool was freezing, the bed was too small (a double!), and the dark, cramped suite space would have fared much better as an open-room plan. It was also a bit dirty in the corners of our room, which irked me most of all. Not too inexpensive, either.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member