“An Oasis In The Desert”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Winters, California
“An Oasis In The Desert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We arrived around 7:30 p.m. after a long day on the road. The front desk manager was on the phone, but immediately acknowledged me, and as soon as he could wrap up his call he began assisting me with check-in. He was friendly, courteous, and professional; an excellent representative of the property. In any case we were assigned a second floor suite, which was great. Furnishings were clean and comfortable, decor was quite pleasant, amenities just as you would expect at the Comfort Suites. The only two items I might mention, which I mentioned to the front desk clerk when checking out, are that the floor tiles in bathroom were loose and uneven, and some grout was coming out in hard chunks which were very unpleasant to step on in the dark; my wife did in fact stub her toe on one of the tiles. The other item was the closet door, it was stuck. We were only there for one night, so we made due without the closet, but if we were staying longer we would have called to have the door repaired or to request a change of suites. Breakfast was good, not quite the selection you find at some Comfort Suites, but better than you find at others. The fact that they offer breakfast from 6:00 to 10:00 everyday is very nice. Overall, I would rate this property above average, and I would not hesitate to stay again. I should probably also mention, when parking a vehicle, you are asked not to park across from the main entrance, as those spaces in the lot belong to another business, patrons are asked to park alongside the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tedandmy
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Tedandmy,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the grout on the bathroom floor along with the closet door being stuck and if this caused any inconvenience. Thank you for mentioning these issues upon check out, as we have alerted our maintenance staff to fix the problems right away. Please give the hotel a call directly to book your next stay and we'd be happy to assist you with reservations. Thank you once again for being a valued guest and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed here frequently through the years. The hotel always has the same high standards of cleanliness and helpfulness. It's a great place if you have a dog! It's right off the 10 freeway with no freeway noise. It's a little hard to find at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mary C,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and taking the time to share your experience. It is with great pleasure to hear that the cleanliness and helpfulness has been always been consistent with your visits. Please let us know when you're in the area again and we'd be happy to make reservations for you...and your pet!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. A little off the beaten path, but the I10 has easy access to everywhere. We had requested adjoining rooms as we have children, but the request was not processed. The front desk reaccomodated us and was very helpful.
The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was awesome. The pool was small, but adequate and the hotel grounds were kept very clean. Each unit has a small kitchenette and you need to ask for supplies if you plan to use it.
We were very pleased with the hotel, the breakfast, the rooms and the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jamie B,

Thank you for recently staying with us and taking the time to rate our hotel. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we try our best to accomodate every request, there are times when we those such as adjoining rooms are not guaranteed. However I'm glad to hear that our front desk took care of it right away. Please contact us when you're ready to book your next trip!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay at Comfort Suites..
Everything was wonderful and the place was so clean!!!
Would definitely stay there again and the price was unbeatable!!
Also the staff was wonderful!! I will be back next year for sure!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mimi Y,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to rate us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please contact us anytime when you are ready to book your next trip. Once again, thank you for being a valued guest.
Cerritos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times and return anytime I need to stay in the area. The front desk staff is super helpful and efficient. The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious and internet easy to access everywhere. The complimentary breakfast is great for travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Linda A,

Thank you for being a frequent guest and taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business. It's very nice to hear you enjoy our amenities and staff. Once again, thank you for being a valued guest and we'll be looking forward to your next stay with us!
Bonita Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Comfort Suites in Palm Desert. The staff remembered me from last year. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. Overall it is a nice hotel - no complaints. The fitness room has only four pieces of equipment with no dumbells. There is a weight machine.

Pool is nice and clean. The eating area for breakfast is too small so you often have to wait for a table. They seem to keep the food well stocked.

This is a nice hotel and you can expect a comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and taking the time to rate us. It is very nice to hear you enjoyed our amenities and service from our staff. Our goal is to constantly have guests return to a place where they are comfortable. We look forward to your third stay with us and thank you once again!
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

After such great service here, I will definitely be re-booking my stay at this hotel. They made my stay here very comfortable and welcoming. The service was stellar and the staff was super friendly and very accommodating to my needs. I'm a stickler for clean beds and bathrooms. My bathroom was very clean and the bed was well-groomed. The staff was very friendly with helping me with directions to restaurants and places to visit. I give them 5 stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. It brings much pleasure to know you had a comfortable stay. Thank you again for the positive comments and we hope to see you in the near future.