“Very nice smaller property”

The Inn at Deep Canyon
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, California
“Very nice smaller property”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I like this place. It's small, quiet and clean. Stayed here 4 nights.The room is clean and has a nice sized fridge. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the location is very good if you want to be close to the Palm Desert/La Quinta area. I will stay here next time I'm in need of a room in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Whittier, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We just wanted a great get away and we got it. Yes it is a little old, BUT... amazing location. Close to great night clubs, fine dining, inexpensive alternatives, fabulous pizza, two major grocery stores, and a liquor store right behind the inn. Plus the pool is open 24 hours a day for adults. They serve a nice continental breakfast, supply pool towels, have a great staff, and the place is CLEAN! What a great weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool and upstairs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night since I work in the area and we are looking for a place to live nearby. We got a great deal on the room even for summer rates, and they gave us a large room with a fireplace! Although it is summer and we didn't use the fireplace, it was very generous of them. The rooms are slightly dated and used, but clean and comfy. The air worked great, which is important. The door opened right on he pool area, which we did use. It was clean and quiet. The staff was nice even for our brief stay. I liked that the parking area was very well lit. The location was great for a Palm desert visit! Close to El Paseo, the mall, and a grocery store strip. There's a gas starion and a restraunt/bar within walking distance. Subway and a liquor store are right next door, but don't worry, the area felt clean, safe, and free of unsavory characters. The hotel and amenities are nothing to write home about, but if you want a clean, safe, decent room for a good price, stay here. Oh, the wifi is free too! It's far better than paying a higher price for something that offers amenities you won't use and just looks a tad prettier. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The rooms are spacious, clean, and the kitchenette stocked with cooking/dining basics was invaluable and the staff is very friendly. The continental breakfast was a nice touch. They also provide pool towels. There is a grocery store, fast food an most importantly (for some) a Starbucks within walking distance. I will go again!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice...they have a combination of 1 or 2 beds and 1 or 2 fold-out couch to accommodate...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great weekend. Room was clean and very spacious. Balcony with chairs and tables, friendly staff, clean well kept grounds. It's hot in August so spent most of the weekend in the pool. Enjoyed myself so much I am returning this august with more friends.

• Stayed August 2011
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I liked this older motel. The location is great, Starbucks is across Highway 111. It is an older U-shaped 2 story motel with a pool in the center. Parking is in their lot or on a very quiet back street. It's a quiet place and they are willing to make sure it stays that way with an on-site manager that sleeps there. My room was super clean, at least as clean as any of the larger places, it had a refrigerator, microwave, flatscreen TV and wireless internet access. The bed was great. I would stay here again, it would serve as a great place to catch some rest or use as a post to explore the valley from. My only trouble was the BBQ on the pool deck, it was too close to my room. I went out on the patio and asked them to move it but the fumes were already in my room. I left for awhile and when I got back I had to open my door and turn on the bathroom fan to finish pulling the fumes through the room. I didn't bother the management with this issue, the people on the BBQ were very understanding and helpful - they even offered to feed me!

Room Tip: If you are going to be at the motel during the day and want to hang out by the pool, you definitely...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank David5425
Southern California
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Found this motel on one of the daily deal websites. We checked in at 3:15 PM (3:00 PM check-in time) to get a nice room but were given an outside corner room looking at the parking lot. Apparently, 30 of the 32 rooms have patios, chairs, tables and pool views...ours was one of two that did not. The motel is touted as dog friendly for $10 extra per night. We were told upon check-in that our well behaved and well traveled dog was not allowed in the courtyard or by the pool.

The motel looked very 60s but not because they were trying to look retro, stuff was just old and worn out. Stains covered the carpet in our room (see photo), the drawers on the dresser broken and the furniture dated. For a reason that I don't understand, our mattress still had the shipping plastic on it (from when it was new) which made a crunching sound every time you moved in the bed at night. We were not enjoying this desert experience and asked if we could move to a different room or check out 1 day early...we were told no.

On the positive side, the continental breakfast was good and the location convenient.

With so many great choices in the Palm Springs area, we would not even consider going back to the Inn at Deep Canyon at any price. Too bad, we come to this area a dozen times a year for business and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple