“Relaxing place.”

The Inn at Deep Canyon
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great weekend. Room was clean and very spacious. Balcony with chairs and tables, friendly staff, clean well kept grounds. It's hot in August so spent most of the weekend in the pool. Enjoyed myself so much I am returning this august with more friends.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I liked this older motel. The location is great, Starbucks is across Highway 111. It is an older U-shaped 2 story motel with a pool in the center. Parking is in their lot or on a very quiet back street. It's a quiet place and they are willing to make sure it stays that way with an on-site manager that sleeps there. My room was super clean, at least as clean as any of the larger places, it had a refrigerator, microwave, flatscreen TV and wireless internet access. The bed was great. I would stay here again, it would serve as a great place to catch some rest or use as a post to explore the valley from. My only trouble was the BBQ on the pool deck, it was too close to my room. I went out on the patio and asked them to move it but the fumes were already in my room. I left for awhile and when I got back I had to open my door and turn on the bathroom fan to finish pulling the fumes through the room. I didn't bother the management with this issue, the people on the BBQ were very understanding and helpful - they even offered to feed me!

Room Tip: If you are going to be at the motel during the day and want to hang out by the pool, you definitely...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank David5425
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Found this motel on one of the daily deal websites. We checked in at 3:15 PM (3:00 PM check-in time) to get a nice room but were given an outside corner room looking at the parking lot. Apparently, 30 of the 32 rooms have patios, chairs, tables and pool views...ours was one of two that did not. The motel is touted as dog friendly for $10 extra per night. We were told upon check-in that our well behaved and well traveled dog was not allowed in the courtyard or by the pool.

The motel looked very 60s but not because they were trying to look retro, stuff was just old and worn out. Stains covered the carpet in our room (see photo), the drawers on the dresser broken and the furniture dated. For a reason that I don't understand, our mattress still had the shipping plastic on it (from when it was new) which made a crunching sound every time you moved in the bed at night. We were not enjoying this desert experience and asked if we could move to a different room or check out 1 day early...we were told no.

On the positive side, the continental breakfast was good and the location convenient.

With so many great choices in the Palm Springs area, we would not even consider going back to the Inn at Deep Canyon at any price. Too bad, we come to this area a dozen times a year for business and pleasure.

5  Thank JandCtravels
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here on a Living Social special for the weekend. We didn't really expect too much because of the price. Boy, were we wrong! This little 50's style hotel is just what we were looking for. Unpretentious, clean, friendly and central to everything. There is a major grocery store across the street. There is a Subway, Panda Express and Domino's Pizza right across the street. Even though the place is centrally located, it somehow is away from the noise and congestion of HWY 111. The continental breakfast was a little sparse but for the money, it's a feast. Really, this place was great in a sweet kind of way. Staff extremely friendly, rooms extremely clean as well. Pet friendly and the pool is open 24 hours a day. Will definitely be back this summer for a quick getaway from the city!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 110 and 111 are the king size rooms with the front door away from the pool. All the rooms are...
Reviewed May 12, 2012

It’s all about expectations. We were grateful to find a pet friendly room that charged a reasonable rate for our pet ($10 per night vs. the $75 we were finding at most hotels).

Michelle, the front desk manager was a delight. She was very helpful and insisted on coming out to the car to meet doggie. She’s a true animal lover.

When we were about town I emailed Michelle several times from my phone asking her questions about dog parks, shopping, etc. and she very gracious and helpful.

The grounds are nice and the hotel is in a quite location off the main drag.

Yes it is older and yes it is basic, but the rates reflect this. Our room was very clean and we felt very comfortable.

Hot and cold breakfast was available. Part of the offering were breakfast sandwiches from the local Carl’s Jr. They have a nice breakfast room and they also provide trays to bring your food to your room.

The only warning I would give is be aware that the inn is “European Green” and does not automatically provide all the bathroom amenities you may be used to. The bathroom soap is from a wall dispenser as is the shower soap. Soap bars are available at the front desk if you prefer. I don’t remember if there was hair conditioner, but I think shampoo was provided. Be safe and check before you leave home.

We would stay again. If you are expecting basic, clean, friendly accommodations – you will be very pleased.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

2.5 stars.
Looking for a last minute place to stay in Palm Desert and found this place.
Got lucky and they were one of the only places around that had a room available for under $300!
This place is cheap! Paid only $120 a night on the weekend.
I liked the price.
The people working here were very friendly!
Unfortunately, that is about all the 'good' things about this place.
The rest of it pretty much sucked!

First off we had a family that seemed to be having a family reunion in the room next to us. Probably about 10 of them in the room including a crying baby that you could hear through the walls. They had their front door and balcony door open pretty much all the time so they could step outside to smoke.
This place has ashtrays everywhere... on all the balconies, by the pool and on the tables. It's a real smokers paradise and you will definitely be smelling it in your room.
Very old school!!

The room was large and had a big balcony overlooking the pool. The place is old so many things weren't clean like the bathroom window which was nasty and the bathroom in general was pretty dirty and in need of some work.

The room had adjoining dooring on both sides!! eck. So you could easily hear the people on each side.

The door to our room over looked a parking lot and liquor store. Not very appealing.
The hotel was sold out and they parking lot was completely full so we had to park on the street.

The pillows were probably the thinnest pillows I ever experienced at any hotel/motel. Paper thin and hard to sleep on if you are used to having a fluffy pillow.

This place seems to cater to foreign travelers. At least that was the feeling the weekend we were here. The people at the pool area weren't very 'appealing'.

The place is cheap and probably OK for a one night place to stay. But not a place you would want to hang out in or lay by the pool.... at least not me anyways.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank westcoastim
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights at the end of March 2012. Although we accidentally arrived one night early and late in the evening, we were pleasantly and professionally taken care of. This is a small, 50’s style hotel/motel (32 units total) that is worth every tiny penny you pay for it –but do not expect 2020 style accommodations as you are not expected to pay at that level. You can count on free wi-fi, clean rooms and grounds, updated tiles, showers, bathrooms and carpets, comfortable beds and bedding (but, for example, not luxury down comforters nor high end lotions!), equipped kitchenettes (in the larger rooms) and refrig, microwave and coffee maker in the single rooms –all despite the fact that an abundant breakfast is included in the price. With breads, pastries, hardboiled eggs, apples, oatmeal, cereals, cream cheese, jelly and even occasionally breakfast burritos and potatoes, only someone who has gotten up on the wrong side of the bed would find something to complain about. I believe there is a laundry room on-site too; but I am not positively sure on that.
The owner is frequently on site and it is clear that he understands the concept of hospitality. He appears fair and reasonable w/ staff (the pool and deck is cleaned every morning), chats w/ the long term guests (lots of repeaters returning year after year), and makes sure that small problems and questions are addressed fairly and quickly for a win-win all around.
Location, Location, Location. One block off the main drag so it is quiet enough to have peaceful pool time around the secluded/surrounded pool area yet close to grocery store and only a few blocks from El Paseo, yoga, prime restaurants and centrally located overall to get to all the sites and activities in the Valley quite easily.

Room Tip: To be honest, there are probably 2 rooms that are less desirable. They don't have windows that...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple