“No hot water in the shower!”

and 1 more site!
Pala Casino Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pala
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“No hot water in the shower!”
Reviewed January 10, 2007

My wifw is an early raiser. She was up at 5:00 A.M. and when she went to take a shower there was no hot water. She tried letting the water run for awhile bur still no hot water. She took a hand-towel bath using the hot water from the basin. I woke up at 7:00 A.M. and my hell day commenced. I called the front desk and maintenance came up in about 45 minutes. They checked the unit and informed me the whole shower handle was defective and needed to be replaced. As I was waiting for the unit to be fixed I sat and read the paper and couln't help to notice how much dust and grime there was on the base boards. I actually ran a finger over one area and really came up with a handful of dust, lint and heaven knows what. I did tell the front desk about the dirty room when we chacked out

The shower was finally fixed, I showered and we left.

Now I'm the one who likes Pala and chose it over the two other major casino's down the road. On the three hour trip home I repeatly heard what a lousy choice Pala had been. How she wasn't able to wash the smoke out of her hair. How she could hardly wait to get home to take a real shower and on and on

Would I stay at Pala again? Life is too short especially when there are two other choices down the road. We been to both of them and have always been pleased with the accomadations.

The whole universe knows " when moma is happy, everybody is happy". Pala needs to find a way to make all Mama's happy!

• Liked — Alma at front desk. She is a true professional
  • Disliked — No hot water ishower and dirty base boards.
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep driving south to either one of the two major Casino's down the road.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank Retiredtravler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 28, 2006

POOL SIDE RESTAURANT
I had excellent Crab Benedict here with quick, friendly service even though I was a party of one.

CASINO COCKTAIL SERVICE
Left a little to be desired. Sucks when you are winning and cannot locate anyone to order a drink.

ITALIAN RESTAURANT
Excellent. The Cabonara was superb! Service efficient and nice.

ROOMS
Nice rooms, clean. Everyone loves the bathrooms here.

POOL AREA
Not bad. No towel Nazi around. Whirlpools great temperatures.

COFFEE AREA IN CASINO
Slow. Just plain and simple. One person doing all the "Starbucks" stuff.

IN ROOM COFFEE
Yuk!

• Liked — The bathtubs and showers.
  • Disliked — Minibar.
  • Tips/Secrets — BYOB.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank contactjody
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 17, 2006

I like Pala because it is an not cut from the same cloth as most flashy hotel/casinos. The architecture is Frank Lloyd Wright lite, with earth colors predominating inside and out. Previous reviews point out the understated design. I would compare the look of the rooms to a Courtyard by Marriott. The color scheme combines brown and rose tones, which might not have been my first choice. A few luxury touches would have been nice. The bathroom, however, was lovely and would have fit right in at a Ritz Carlton or Fairmont Hotel. If you're paying under $150 a night, you're getting your money's worth. The pool is nice, but small for a hotel that size. It looked lke all the lounge chairs were either occupied or saved early in the day. The staff is friendly, and it seems we never had to wait for anything.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank mikeLA
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed March 30, 2006

We stayed over the 3 day holiday weekend. Nice hotel. Rooms are good size but lacked color. For a 4 star I expected the rooms to be decorated nicer, a little on the basic. The bathrooms very large but the tub is very narrow. Service was good overall. For a 4 star I thought there may be nightly turndown service or robes provided in the rooms as with other 4 star hotels just as an FYI. Check-in was very efficient. My room overlooked all the air-conditioning equipment, but I wan't in my room much so it didn't matter. Food at the resort very good & good size portions. The Deli had great sandwiches. Live entertainment all around by the bars which was unique. Valet efficient as well. Overall, glad I tried it, but not on my top return destination list.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank Lynette51
Covina, California
Reviewed January 13, 2006

I went with a friend, stayed two nights in beautiful, spacious rooms with nice Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. The tubs are on the narrow side, but there are separate shower stalls.
We had delicious meals at both the Cafe and the Terrace Buffet, enjoyed the lounge bands, played a lot of games, and were very impressed by the heated pool as well as the Jacuzzi. All of the staff members were pleasant, and the weather could not have been nicer. Recommended! We plan to return soon.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank caltravelgal
Orange County, California
Reviewed December 6, 2005

To tell you the truth I wasn't expecting anything al that nice, due to where it was located, but, it was awesome. The room was as nice as any room I have had at any top hotel. Super deep bathtub and luxurious bathroom. Room clean and nicely decorated, bed comfy. We were there to see a concert, and we ate at Mama's Italian resturant,excellent homemade pasta and a great filet mignon. Top drawer.
Casino kind of small and didn't seem to see or hear a lot of winners.
We had a couples massage at the Pala Spa and it was great. The spa was super, had all the amenities and then some. Highly recommend a treatment there.
Pleasantly surprised and we will definetely go back again,

• Stayed December 2005
7 Thank wildjflippin2016
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2005

Don't waste your time at Pala. If you walk through the doors, obviously you should never expect to win, but if you do win please make sure that you count all of your tickets. I am just getting home from there and it is almost 5 in the morning, but the front desk refused to recount my tickets and I was shorted over 30 dollars. Maybe that is not a lot to some, but I work hard for my money and very rarely get a chance to go out. I am in the retail business, possess good customer service skills, and if a customer wants a recount of my drawer, there is never any reason to not stop and give a recount. So just a warning, before you take your tickets to the cashier, count the amount of each ticket, or better still, go to another casino !!!!

Paggy Helms

Stayed December 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pala
Pala Mesa Resort
Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#9 of 19 in Temecula
Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country

Been to Pala Casino Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!