“Great, with exception.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great, with exception.”
Reviewed March 21, 2004

Sure, Pala is great, but let me start with what I really don't like about it. BAD: The major complaint that I have with the hotel itself is the water. I stay at Pala frequently and have recently noticed that they are now using a water softener. After a long night of gambling, I of course want to take a shower in the morning, but with the softener additive it feels like you are bathing in grease. You have to spend much more time in the shower attempting to wash off the soap and shampoo because it feels as if it?s never going to come off. At first I thought it might be their brand of soap and shampoo, so I started bringing my own from home but it made no difference. Even after getting done with your shower you still don?t feel clean. Very disgusting. In fact, this last weekend I went so far as to rinse off my face and hair with a bottle of water that I purchased from their gift shop. And by the way, don?t bother bringing your own snacks and sodas from home. Their security personal will stop you before the elevators and will tell you to leave them in your car. One can only assume the purpose of this is to force you to re-purchase your snacks from their gift shop. And sorry but, you lovers of Coca-Cola will not find your favorite items here. Pepsi (yuk) seems to have an exclusive contract with Pala even in their restaurants, so be sure to ask for root-beer. Also with each stay, I have always found some minor object missing from the room, such as towels, privacy door hanger, plastic laundry bag, ashtrays, extra pillow, and the latest - no room service menu. When I called room service to request one, I was told that their order taker was a no-show, their room service computer was down and that it would take at least an hour for my order; this at 10:20pm. Now for the GOOD things I can say about Pala: Rooms are very nice and spacious. Staff is very friendly. Casino is beautiful and kept clean. Excellent variety of games and slots ranging from 1 cent to $100. Slots do hit more often than other casinos in the area and Vegas. I really enjoy the pool and excellent Spa facilities, although both close much too early. Great restaurants and buffet. I do recommend Pala and stay several weekends each month, just take my advise to heart and bring a bottle of water in the shower with you.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Glendale, CA
Reviewed February 20, 2004

Being avid Las Vegas fans, my husband and I were very sceptical about staying at an Indian Casino as we've heard that mostly older folks stay there and we prefer a more upbeat atmosphere. But, to our surprise, we found staying at the Pala Resort was as enjoyable as staying in Las Vegas, but half the drive! (As long as you stay in the hotel). The front desk was friendly and the waitresses and bartenders were very friendly as well. We booked a suite and were not let down - very spacious and well decorated. We loved the bathroom, especially the large jacuzzi tub and the shower is big enough to hold a small party in. The rooms were a bit pricey, but for a holiday weekend (Pres. Day) it was still half of what you would pay in Las Vegas for the same size room. The pool area is large with cabanas and a very large jacuzzi.
There's a nice bar by the pool where you can relax, have cocktails and eat a nice meal. The room service was affordable and the staff was very quick. The casino is very large with just about every kind of slot from Vegas available to you here. My only complaint was being that it was a holiday weekend, it was very hard to find two machines of any kind together which forced you to lurk which I hate doing. On the Monday when most people were clearing out to go home it was much more enjoyable in that regard. Harrah's casino is just a short 10 mile drive away if you want a change of scenery but, given a choice, I would much rather stay at Pala. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2004
15 Thank KakaWaka
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2003

Booked reservations with their birthday package deal which included room, dinner for 2, banner and a gift. The rooms are luxurious with all the best including deep tubs, separate shower, feather/down pillows, bottled water etc. So comfy that I didn't want to leave the room! The staff were extremely friendly and even booked our restaurant reservations for us while we spent time in the casino. The decor for the entire resort is in the Frank L. Wright style...beautiful! The casino has 2000 slots..more than enough to keep us busy. The restaurant experience was awesome! The staff very friendly and the food excellent. I had the special black squid ink pasta with lobster...it was heaven! To top it all off the staff knew we booked a birthday package and came out with a cake and song to go with. This resort goes the extra mile in everything, that they even change the carpet in the elevators to read "good morning", good afternoon, etc. An absolute must for all.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pala
Pala Mesa Resort
Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#9 of 19 in Temecula
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa

Been to Pala Casino Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!