“Good Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Anaheim, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Mrs likes this restaurant located in the Pala Casino Resort. We went here as part of a Pala Casino "Celebration Package". We had $50 to use & we used it all. Mrs ordered the Tagliatelle Bolognese & I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo con Pollo, but both pastas looked the same(?), sort of like the wavy edge of a Lasagna noodle. It worked fine with both sauces, so it was fine. Just seemed odd.
My tip is to ask for a table near the window. It overlooks the grassy area outside & the pool. Otherwise you're just looking at other people eating.

Visited July 2014

Murrieta, California
“Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Every time we go to Pala, we eat at this restaurant. The atmosphere is calm and wonderful. We have always had excellent service there. Bread is served immediately, and it's delicious. Our favorite meal is their lasagna, just so tasty! I also recommend the spinach salad because it is very unique. It is certainly a nice place for dinner.

California
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I saw the prices and "reservations recommended"...so, figured that this place had to be good, high end, gourmet Italian. WRONG!! Salad $11.00...A few greens, slices of canned pears, a few stale tasting walnuts, three very thin slices of avocado and a drizzle of some tasteless citrus vinaigrette....forgot the blue cheese...a couple of crumples. It was DRY and tasteless. NOT worth $11.00!! Chicken parm: three slices of thick, breaded, fried chicken, covered with a bland marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. For $23.00!! No pasta on the side...not so much as a little chopped basil garnish. I've had better frozen chicken parm....really. The Spaghetti Factory is very good,...and they serve pasta on the side, with a very nice salad and desert for $11.99. I will never, ever, ever, visit Mama's Cucina Italian place again...I will tell my friends the same. p.s. the bread was ok...but not as good as the Spaghetti Factory.

San Dimas, California
“Food So-So but Service Excellent”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were there on Father's Day so it was a bit busy. Our server was very attentive, offered suggestions and checked on us regularly. That was a big plus. What was disappointing was the food. Everything started out great. The bread & butter for the table was delicious. They provide an olive bread with a pesto/garlic butter spread. Yummy!!! Then we ordered some bruschetta for the table. The tomatoes were wonderfully fresh with olive oil and the bread was perfect. I was so excited for the main dish. I ordered the rigatoni with the pesto sauce and Italian sausage. The pesto was extremely thick and didn't have any special flavor. The sausage was good but I just felt the dish was rather blah and boring. My father had the Chicken Alfredo. The chicken was very tough and tasted strange. So it started off so well and then ended with disappointment. Finally to the wine & pricing. The wine list has a nice selection and what I choose was wonderful. As for pricing, I found everything to be slightly overpriced. I hope that they keep working on their menu items and find just the right ingredients and cooking methods to get everything on the menu just right. The restaurant has promise but it isn't there yet.

Torrance, California
“Worst Italian Restaurant Ever!!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The servers are extremely friendly and willing to please. The wine selection, not bad, not great, but not bad. The atmosphere is the best at the Casino. That is why I continue to go in there, hoping that the food would have improved. I did speak to the chef de cuisine, and he acknowledged some of the issues. But food remains the same. DO NOT ORDER THE SOUP, minestrone, of course. It is heated water with some vegetables. The only thing that gives it a bit of flavor is the grated parm cheese that you ask the server to put in. I would not mind paying $9.00 for the soup alone, no refills, if it was good or barely resembling minestrone.

• Visited April 2014