“Authentic, down-to-earth Thai home cooking”

Pacifica Thai Cuisine
Ranked #75 of 87 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The food isn't flashy but it is really good. We've eaten here about 12 times and never had a bad meal. Everything is well-prepared and portions are quite reasonable. I like to go for the seafood, corncake appetizers and sweet/sour coconut milk chicken soup. Reasonably extensive menu: Everything's great!

The family grinds their own spices and they usually have a home-made ginger cake that is excellent...especially if you go for the mangoes with sticky rice for dessert as well...and get ice cream with the cake!

Very nice, laid-back atmosphere...everybody who works there is family and Dad, who waits on the tables, seems pretty dry but can usually be provoked into clowing around. when the Daughter waits on the tables, she's "bubbles."

We haven't been there yet when we needed reservations for parties of 2 or 4. they have a large parking lot adjacent to the restaurant.

Shortly before the exit on the drive to Pacifica Thai, look up to your left at "the Castle." It was the residence of a developer who had a train running along the waterfront from about Playland in SF down to Pacifica.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place serves good and authentic Thai food. The male owner has a strong accent and is hard to understand sometimes but in my book that's a plus. The food that comes out of the kichen takes me back to Yala. My favorite dish was the 1000 year old ginsing soup, followed closely by Pad ga prow. Worth checking out for sure.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

just recently moved to pacifica and just had to try TheThai Resturaunt down the street from my new place. have to say I was pleasantly surprised. great thai flavors and seasonings, the crab fried rice is 1 of my favorites. if you love thai food you must try this place. I think you will be pleasantly surprised also. :)

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I used to really like this place, but it's just not the same. The menu is tired - the waiter gave us 3 versions between the 2 of us and then took away the one with what I wanted to order. Beyond that, the cooking was insipid - I had the Pad Thai, which I used to love, but it was merely ok this time, and the fried tofu bits in it tasted like they'd been cooked in the same oil as the fish and shrimp - my bet it they had. The peanut sauce on my husband's entree was watery and had no real spice to it - tasted like peanuts and coconut milk only.
The Thai Iced Coffee I ordered was delivered s iced tea, which I can live with, but it wasn't what I ordered. The service was slow - and the waiter never on e returned to refill our water glasses or see if we needed anything else.
Sorry folks, but this one's now off the list of places I can be bothered with.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Worth taking a drive to Pacifica for Thai Food. Have been to Thailand several times, and it is hard to match that experience, but these guys come close. Great menu, friendly staff & super food!