“I will be back”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Luigi's is pretty basic. The decor could be improved, the service was friendly but not polished, but the food was delicious and very affordable so when I am looking for a no frills quick affordable meal I will be back.

I shared the green salad with my BF it was basic iceberg lettuce tomato carrot and red cabbage and croutons. Not special and not served with "flair" but it was refreshing. I had the spaghetti marinara and my BF had a half and half plate of ravioli and spaghetti he also had a small cheese pizza. I thought the spaghetti was good the sauce was good and the serving size was perfect for me. My BF really liked the pizza, and he also like the spaghetti. He thought his cheese ravioli with white sauce was just so so.
They also have an Italian beer, a lager, that was cold light and refreshing.
The entire bill was $34...wow!!! It is not unusual for my BF and I to drop 3x that or more on dinner so the affordability of this restaurant was a pleasant surprise.
Overall I enjoyed the food and I will go back, it is not the best romantic date restaurant, but it was perfect for what we were looking for when we went.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My sister and I took 5 kids there after bowling one night. She loves the spaghetti and I love the pizza. We decided to order an assortment since the 5 kids are each fussy. The rice ball was a favorite with the fussiest child - he liked the inner meat filling and the sauce with rice. The spaghetti is the best; thick meat sauce that encases the pasta. The pizza is delicious, not too heavy even after several slices. Luigi is usually there and is a pleasant warm individual; he made all of us feel welcome. Service was great - felt like we were at home dining.

Reviewed September 14, 2009

A little place with a certain charm.It is in the Adobe Plaza Center on Linda Mar Blvd.
Mr. Luigi a native of Genoa Italy,has some of the best Italian food at a reasonable cost.
The restaurant has a free local delivery as well.They accept credit debit cards in the restaurant or delivery at home so you need not give out your card number at any time.
They have pizza,pasta & chicken dishes that are quite good.The cooking can take a while as some dishes are prepared as they're ordered so don't be in a big rush when you order.The service is friendly just be a little patient.

Reviewed June 19, 2008

We went there for our rehearsal dinner for our wedding and dropped in with around 15 people and he welcomed us himself. Then gave us a free dinner when we left. Good food at a good price and everyone felt comfortable while they were there. Great place to eat and I was raised by a gourmet italian cook.

Reviewed May 10, 2008

I've eaten at Luigi's several times and have not been disappointed yet. The pizza is good. I had one with onion on it and they took the time to carmelize the onion first, great touch and added yet another flavor to the pizza. My wife swears by the spagetti sauce. She orders the pasta and always orders extra sauce on the side! I have to admit that his sauce is really good. The complex mingling of all the familiar flavors in the sauce is stellar! It tastes like it was cooked slowly for days! Luigi makes his garlic bread from pizza dough and it is unique and flavorful. I really liked Luigis' interpretation of the classic ceaser salad. The dressing was not emulsified and there were small bits of sardine in the dressing. I would eat there any time.