“Authentic Italian Food at reasonable prices”

Luigi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“Authentic Italian Food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My sister and I took 5 kids there after bowling one night. She loves the spaghetti and I love the pizza. We decided to order an assortment since the 5 kids are each fussy. The rice ball was a favorite with the fussiest child - he liked the inner meat filling and the sauce with rice. The spaghetti is the best; thick meat sauce that encases the pasta. The pizza is delicious, not too heavy even after several slices. Luigi is usually there and is a pleasant warm individual; he made all of us feel welcome. Service was great - felt like we were at home dining.

• Visited December 2011

San Francisco, California
“buon appetite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

A little place with a certain charm.It is in the Adobe Plaza Center on Linda Mar Blvd.
Mr. Luigi a native of Genoa Italy,has some of the best Italian food at a reasonable cost.
The restaurant has a free local delivery as well.They accept credit debit cards in the restaurant or delivery at home so you need not give out your card number at any time.
They have pizza,pasta & chicken dishes that are quite good.The cooking can take a while as some dishes are prepared as they're ordered so don't be in a big rush when you order.The service is friendly just be a little patient.

pacifica
“great place to drop in and feel like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

We went there for our rehearsal dinner for our wedding and dropped in with around 15 people and he welcomed us himself. Then gave us a free dinner when we left. Good food at a good price and everyone felt comfortable while they were there. Great place to eat and I was raised by a gourmet italian cook.

pacifica, ca.
“great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

I've eaten at Luigi's several times and have not been disappointed yet. The pizza is good. I had one with onion on it and they took the time to carmelize the onion first, great touch and added yet another flavor to the pizza. My wife swears by the spagetti sauce. She orders the pasta and always orders extra sauce on the side! I have to admit that his sauce is really good. The complex mingling of all the familiar flavors in the sauce is stellar! It tastes like it was cooked slowly for days! Luigi makes his garlic bread from pizza dough and it is unique and flavorful. I really liked Luigis' interpretation of the classic ceaser salad. The dressing was not emulsified and there were small bits of sardine in the dressing. I would eat there any time.

Pacifica, CA
“Okay, but Never again!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2008

I have eaten at Italian Restaurants all around the world and sad to say Luigi's did not measure up to any of the others. Staff is very nice and helpful. Luigi is a very pleasant older gentleman. The restaurant was clean and nice, but too brightly lit, dimmers would be nice. The salad was fresh and crisp, the Italian dressing was a little bland. The garlic bread was very good. I ordered one of the house specialties "Rice Ball", it's sort of like a meat ball but with rice on the outside, dipped in some sort of batter, then deep fried and served in tomato sauce. It was nice, but I wouldn't want a second one. I ordered the Egg Plant Parm. It was an ample amount of food and looked yummy, but one taste and I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat it. I can't really describe the taste, but it didn't agree with my Italian palate. I heard the pizza there is very good. Maybe I should have had it instead!! Sorry Lugi, I really wanted to like it!!