“Best sushi”

Kani-Kosen Japanese Seafood
Ranked #63 of 87 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Kani Kosen is awesome. The sushi is top quality and very fresh. The unagi is amazing. Also the lamb chops are the best I've ever had. Everything is delicious. They make an amazing ginger sauce for the fish. Live this place. Plus Kelly and Keiko are the best.

Reviewed December 11, 2008

Sashimi is always fresh, try the Toro or Himachi tuna. Chef Kelly prepares the dish like no other. We eat there twice or more every month. Really the best Japanese food. Pacifica's secret.

Reviewed June 21, 2008

Kani-Kosen felt very friendly to me - the waitresses and proprietress went out of their way to treat diners almost like family (they seemed to already know all the patrons there except for me).

It's on the expensive side, but the chirashi and tsukemono (Japanese pickled vegetables) I ordered were both relatively good values.

One of the waitresses asked how come I knew about tsukemono. (I found this amusing.) When she found out I lived on the Peninsula she recommended a Japanese grocery to me.

The pickles were yummy and the fish was quite fresh. I will go again the next time I'm in Pacifica.