“Wait in Line”

Dining options: Takeout
Portland, Oregon
“Wait in Line”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We decided to do a takeout lunch. We passed Gorilla Barbecue and the orange exterior is unmistakable. A line was forming so we joined. It took about 20 minutes to place our order. Then another 10 while packaged. The pork ribs were plentiful and large. I would say they were a bit on the dry side, but the extra sauce made them really good. The Macaroni and cheese had a hint of oregano, which was a surprise. Didn't care for the beans and rice. I gave this restaurant 4 stars for quantity and flavor. Seems to be a must do place when in "Surf City" Pacifica.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dedi S

hendersonville, nc
“Great food. Good value.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tired it because a friend recommended. I'm from barbeque county in the south and I didn't expect good barbeque but it was excellent. So much food I had it for breakfast the next day too. Great location..... you can hike for a while, have lunch then hike some more. Very nice folks.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank tripdookey
Oroville, Washington
“Real Deal Southern Style BBQ”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My girlfriend found Gorilla BBQ on Triple D and suggested we stop by on our PCH trip this past spring. I was a little bit skeptical about a BBQ joint in California. I grew up in the south, and I must admit that I am a bit of a BBQ snob. Holy Cow am I glad we went though!

We split a 2 meat combo and went with the ribs (my favorite) and pulled pork. The ribs are honestly as good, if not better, than the ones I've had from some of the places back home. The meat was falling off the bone at first touch and the rub was so good that you practically don't need the BBQ sauce. Not that I didn't use the sauce though. The sauce has a good smokey tang and fairly strong bite. The pulled pork was equally as amazing. The sides were also top notch. The mac & cheese was especially good.

It would have been nice if there was some more seating, especially something covered. Would have made eating this feast a bit more manageable. As it was, it had just rained, and we ended up eating in our car. That said, you can't top the food. If you're passing through, eat here. If you live in the area, be thankful that you have such an amazing BBQ joint all the way out on the California coast...and then eat here a lot.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GatorTrotter
san francisco, ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple and very tasty”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

You will get a lot of very good meat with an excellent bbq sauce for relatively little money. Good when you get a party going, especially if you have a lot of meat eaters. This place never disappoints.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank vkuznetsov
Hope, Arkansas, Usa
“come hungry and come early”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Got lucky - they usually run out of food early on Saturdays! Huge portions of chicken and pork and beef - good seasoning and smoke flavors. Now you have to understand - we have BBQ history from living in North Carolina and enjoy Texas and Kansas BBQ often. Of course the sauce was different and the sour dough bread a change BUT no complaints here.

• Visited November 2013