“Great ocean view”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
melbourne, australia
“Great ocean view”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I have stayed at this area before and have actually stayed at all the hotels reviewed on this site. And this is one of my favorites, by far. The staff are freindly and more than helpful on check in, the rates are great compared with other hotels closer to San Fran.

The rooms are big and spacious, very clean and the room we got with an ocean view was amazing. It was on the top floor and when you opened the curtains it was just full on Ocean.

I would not have a problem in recommending anyone to stay at this hotel. The beds were comfy and clean. The bathroom was of good size and was cleaned daily.

I am sure people would pick faults with this hotel, but if you're after a 5 star property, check in at the Ritz. This is a great hotel, in a good location, close to San Fran and with grear rates.

I will be staying with them again in April next year. And I look forward to another great stay.

• Liked — The price and the great sized rooms
  • Disliked — free breakfast ran out quickly on our last day and I missed out
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank lethal77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
houston,tx
Reviewed April 26, 2008

Wonderful clean inexpensive hotel owned by very nice family! I traveled here just last week with my husband & 2 children (2 1/2 yr old and 10 month old). Our 1st family vacation & 1st time in this area.
After reading other reviews, I decided to call the hotel to ask about the ocean view rooms and to request one with no obstruction. Susie answered (wife of owner) and was happy to suggest I stay on the 3rd floor & reserved room #317 for us. This was a corner room with excellent views. This turned out to be true! There is a 2 story hotel in front of this one - but I liked the rates and vibe of this inn when I called. And the view is great!
Check-in was smooth and easy - room was ready to go. ROOM: Queen bed with ocean view on top floor (3rd flr). Bay windows that opened - so nice! Microwave and fridge - came in very handy with little ones! VERY CLEAN & well kept throughout our visit - 5 nights total.
VERY NICE OWNERS: the 1st night there, we asked about the free wireless internet - did they have one of those hookups for us? (we didnt have a wireless card in our laptop at the time) - the owner was there and said they did not have those hookups, but offered to lend me his office laptop for the night. Wow!! He just handed over his whole laptop for me to borrow - too cool! BREAKFAST: typical continental breakfast offered in the lounge area to bring back to your room. We did this every morning....grabbed a tray and brought back OJ, coffee and pastries - individually wrapped. This works for us - some people are too picky & expect a big spread of food. ?? Everytime I was in the office area to get breakfast, Susie would come out and chit chat - asking about the kids and our trip....offered up advise on a shortcut back to the airport. Very nice!
RESTAURANTS: we're used to eating late (after 8 or 9pm) so we were bummed the 1st night to find most places closed by that time. BUT there are some great places nearby - walking distance: across the street was an Italian restaurant at the Best Western - way overpriced - didnt eat there!
Then there is Nick's located in the SeaBreeze hotel in front of this hotel - it was a weekend night and too noisy for us that night, so didnt eat there.
We did find a great little Mexican restaurant a short 2 min. drive up the road, next to the famed Norcal Surfshop , called La Playa. Good fish tacos. CASH - BRING CASH! They all seem to love cash instead of cards!
We stayed Saturday night through Tuesday night - headed down to Monterey bay for a couple of nights, then back here for 1 last night (Friday) before we had to leave on Saturday.
I would definitely consider staying here again - excellent budget choice - very clean nice hotel - comfortable - great location and base for visiting San Francisco, then Half Moon Bay....etc. We enjoyed coming back to our quiet room by the ocean after a day of sightseeing - only about 15 min. drive into SF - 15 min to Half Moon Bay. (where you should eat at Barbara's FishShack) Pacifica is beautiful! And this little place at Rockaway Beach is adorable! Have fun when you go!!!

• Liked — Comfortable, clean and proximity to SF
  • Disliked — cant think of anything!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank izarella
San Jose
Reviewed February 25, 2008

This hotel is a very old hotel and not very pleasant at all. When making our online reservations we had requested a queen size bed with an ocean view as was described in the hotel profile and well before the date we planned to be there and which I called the hotel to confirm the week before we were going to be there. It was our anniversary weekend away and a special time for us... We got there at the required check in time and were given a room on the second floor that mostly overlooked the parking lot of the hotel next door and NOT the ocean as we had SPECIFICALLY requested! We went back to the front desk and requested a room on the 3rd floor so we could at least SEE the ocean view unobstructed. The clerk was indifferent and on the rude side when we asked to move to another room and told us there was nothing on the third floor (the top floor of this hotel), Yet there was not a single car in the parking nor anyone in the rooms! The bathroom was a NIGHTMARE! and flushing the toilet was absolutely horrible!
If you go to Pacifica to spend the night stay at the Best Western Lighthouse hotel which IS on the ocean front and a much nicer place!!!

• Liked — At least the room had a tv in it...
  • Disliked — The room and the lack of promised view and unwillingness to move us!!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank btsm1077

Travelers are raving about these Pacifica hotels

Cool, CA
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I have stayed at the Pacific Motor Inn on several occasions in the past and for the price the service and room were average. However, I recently made a reservation by phone for two rooms on December 21, 2007 and they mixed up the dates and thought I was coming on November 21, 2007. When I did not arrive I received a phone call from the hotel, I then informed them of the mistake and they manager said they would move my reservations to the correct date in December. The next day I reviewed my bank statement online and they had charged me for both rooms for the mistake reservation in November. I called and spoke with the manager once again and he said he would apply a credit towards my reservation in December which was the only date that should have been reserved in the first place. Due to the bad weather I was not going to be able to keep my reservation for December 21, 2007 and called to cancel on Monday, December 17, 2007, which far exceeds the 48 hour limit for a cancellation. The desk attendant made the cancellation however, I never received a credit back to my account for the two rooms they charged me for a mistake they made. I am very disappointed in their customer service. They basically told me that it was my mistake and not theirs, when I had a confirmation number for both rooms, the date I made the reservations, and a description of each room printed on my documentation. If all I have is their word for a confirmation by phone, then what else is there! Unfortunately, I am having to take legal action to redeem my money. I will never stay there again!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank abbymay3
Reno
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Wasn't sure what we'd be getting into with reading the reviews, however I loved that it was so close to the beach. You walk about one minute and you're on the beach. Lots of huge rock formations in the ocean, beautiful views and paths. For the walker, you can walk a concrete path down to "town" and see the surfers and go shopping.
Gave us room 321 which had 2 beds in a very large room with a futon couch. Perfect for a family of 4 (kids 9,6). Our rate was $110.00 per night which I thought was a little steep. I checked out "Sea Breeze" motel which is actually closer and the room rates (every day, summer/winter/weekends/weekdays) are $85 one bed, $95 two beds. We just might stay there instead, however no continental breakfast (which was really only coffee, juice and butterhorns). Cons for Sea Breeze- only 20 rooms which have windows on the parking lot, so no privacy.

• Liked — Large room, although I understand there are not many of these.
  • Disliked — Dated motel, older feeling.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank SandSurfneeded
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Hotel is located on Rockaway Beach which is a small 'inlet' town. Not much to do or places to eat within walking distance. Rooms were clean and adequate, but not extravagant. Go south on a beach path over the hill for the most breathtaking view and walk of the cove. This is a great place to stop over before going into the city or heading South. Definately safe area but not much to do.

• Liked — views!!!
  • Disliked — not much access to restaurants
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank hlbetzy
Reno
Reviewed August 16, 2007

What I loved about this Inn is its very old fashioned. The room was VERY clean, but very small. The bed was very comphy and the staff very helpful and friendly. I would have liked a bigger room, my girlfriend and I had a double bed. The restaurant across the street was awesome! It had an ocean view and wonderful food that was reasonably priced. I would certainly stay there again but in a bit bigger room. Worth the money, we paid $100 a night for two nights. Its close to SF and an hour away from Santa Cruz. The drive down hwy 1 is just beautiful.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank gospelover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacifica
Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel
#2 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay Lodge
Half Moon Bay Lodge
#3 of 8 in Half Moon Bay

Been to Pacifica Motor Inn? Share your experiences!