Puerto 27
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'd never had Peruvian food before I walked into Puerto 27, it smelled so good we had to try. I now a big fan. I'll be back for more soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our Sunday morning breakfast was excellent, and we enjoyed watching the waves and the surfers, with a panoramic view across Highway 1. The restaurant is large and could hold many more people than were present. This is good if you like to show up and get seated easily, but I think it deserves more customers. Given the small number of diners, it could have been pleasantly quiet, but the background music was loud. That was the only negative thing. I had a fritata that was a spicy version of a Spanish egg tortilla, accompanied by excellent fried potatoes.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I grew up in the area - this location has seen a number of failed businesses, but Puerto 27 will stick. The food is fantastic, service is very good. Peruvian small plates are different than what you might expect. Try any of the ceviche dishes, or one of the causas. And be sure to try the plantain chips - addictive! We've brought friends here, and visitors from out of state. Everyone's been impressed.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

In a large Victorian style restaurant/hotel. This place is right across the highway from the ocean and is beautiful. It had never been a hit until the current operators took over. We lived nearby and were anxious to try it when it opened. It was wonderful. We love Peruvian food and were not disappointed. The Pisco Sours were also great.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Go with a group and share the small plates. Try a specialty cocktail, none were overly sweet. Nice ocean view before sunset