“Make the stop!”

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Make the stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Driving from San Francisco to Bodega Bay I mentioned that I'd love a cup of tea. Behold ---- Lovey's Tea Shoppe!!! We went in not knowing anything about it and we were immediately enchanted by this little haven right off of the highway. Loved our waitress, and everything was PERFECT. My companion had the pear salad (BEAUTIFULLY presented) and I had the quiche. I definitely want to go back!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank orchplayers

Wellington, New Zealand
“A perfect highway stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We consider ourselves very lucky to have found this delightful tea shop, sorry shoppe, as we made our way along the Pacific coast. The unassuming building hides a treasure trove of genteel English high tea delights. The shop itself is a pleasure to enjoy and the choices of teas and menu items are wonderful and extensive. Above all, the service is nothing short of outstanding.

It's the perfect environment for ladies, but gents will appreciate the great menu as well.

Definitely worth tracking down if you're in the area or passing through.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank WH0A
logan, ut
“Lovey's for casual tea, but not my first choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I agree that this is a nice neighborhood tea room with pretty good food, but unfortunately, since they bill themselves as a tea shoppe, I'm going to be a bit more critical. The location makes it easy to find, but the traffic whizzing by is a distraction. The tea was perfect, and plentiful. The sandwiches were delicious, but it would have been nice to have a selection rather than just a choice of two, in our case. It is a bit unusual to serve salad and coleslaw at high tea, and I do not see a reason for it. The coleslaw was bland, and the salad was just piled in a heap in the center of the bottom tier. It was awkward to serve and just not necessary. The little clotted cream we were given was runny, and lemon curd was not provided...unless we wanted to pay extra. That seemed ridiculous to me. As for the service, they lost me when, as I was eating my scone, the waitress came up to me and said I was doing it wrong. Apparently, in her world, I should have sliced it like an English muffin. Seriously? First of all, it is not incorrect to break a scone, but more importantly, why would you take it upon yourself to criticize a guest? I am going to chalk it up to her just trying to be helpful, but frankly, I thought it was rather rude, and she embarrassed herself with her limited knowledge. Aside from that mishap, I still enjoyed my tea, but I probably will not return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bunegal
Pacifica
“Lovely English Tea Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have had the King's tea twice at Lovey's Tea Shoppe. It is quaint, charming, and at a wonderful location in the Rockaway Beach area of Pacifica. They offer an array of english sandwiches and other food items. The Pear and Stilton is my favorite. The scones are delicious and the lemon curd is light and airy. The waitress suggested the butternut squash soup. It was amazing I would go back just for that. The service is excellent and they expect you to take your time. They are considerate of food allergies and dietary needs. My husband is a vegan and they will prepare something special if you let them know ahead of time. There was so much food that we brought some home. You can book the restaurants mid-week for special events such as showers or birthday parties. Afterwards we went for a walk down by the ocean. We had a lovely time.

• Visited March 2013