“Best of the Bay”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Pine Grove, California
“Best of the Bay”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nicks is my favorite resturant in the bay area. It is old fashioned goodness. The prime rib can not be beat. The Lobster is outstanding and all of the fish is so very fresh. If you go to Pacifca you must dine at Nicks.Llive Music friday and sat nights. Out standing service. Love love love this place. Full view of the waves crashing on the beach very romantic. tell them D and D sent you :)

• Visited August 2013

USA
“Throwback to 1950”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had lunch at this seaside restaurant in Pacifica California. It has been in the same location since the 1950's and probably has not changed. The view is obscured by the parking lot. The dungeness crab sandwich was excellent and enough for two people. If you are looking for good food and a funky atmosphere this is the place.

• Visited November 2013
Pacifica, California
“Great local restaurant with a great bar/band venue”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Full disclosure, my husband has a band that plays here on a Monday night about 10 times a year and we fill the place with traditional jazz fans. That said, we eat here frequently ourselves and the food is consistently wonderful. Sunday brunch Crab Benedict, yum! And the famous Crab sandwich is to die for. But the rest of the menu is wonderful as well....my hubbie loves the teriyaki steak. Portions are generous. Service is attentive....even in the bar, when it's packed. Great ocean view. This place has been in business over 80 years and is a local treasure as well as a tourist destination.

• Visited September 2013
“Old”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The food is $$$$, and not that good. The service is very slooooww.
On the bright side they do have draft beer. if you are choosing between here and Moonrakers, go to Moonrakers.

Visited November 2013
Anthem, Arizona
“Straight out of 1976”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This place has the retro moose lodge feel for sure, especially the bar\dance floor section with the padded vinyl chairs. I was here for brunch with a larger party of wedding goers. Although we kept adding more and more people to our reservation, they staff were very friendly about building a bigger and bigger table for us. We ended up so big actually that my wife and daughter and I moved off to our own table, so I can’t say for sure how everyone’s experience was after that, but our food was very good. Living in the Midwest, I am unable to get my hands on good linguica like I grew up with in the bay area, so it was awesome to find it on the menu here. My wife had the fish and chips which were same with an almost too thick breading, but the fish itself was very fresh and firm. My daughter had a burger which she said was decent. Pacifica does not seem to be very foodie-friendly, but Nicks was about as good an option as you are going to find here.

• Visited September 2013