“It's perfect for everyone”
Review of Nick's Rockaway

Nick's Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about Nick's the atmosphere is a perfect blend of locals, families, prom dates and lovers. The food is excellent! I enjoyed the oysters on the half shell, the absolute best pepper steak around, my wife enjoyed the fresh halibut cooked to perfection. Desert was very nicely presented, the classic New York cheesecake and a delicate chocolate mousse. The drinks are always mixed to your liking.And to top it all off, the sunset is your treat for enjoying such a wonderful time at Nick's Rockaway beach. Califaz

1  Thank Califaz

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I worked as a busboy at nicks in the sixties and came back for the first time in almost 50 years the place sits right on the pacific at rockaway beach, the out side has not changed to much and the old favs on the menu are still there [you can't go wrong with a steak sand] there is great sea food , a good chance you will find something you will enjoy and tell your friends about .Any weekend is a great time to visit from anywhere in the bay area so GO!

1  Thank caskirb
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Nick's Restaurant this late afternoon for a quick bite to eat because we both were so hungry - and that's why we ate what we got . This had to be the worst burger we ever had!
We both ordered burgers and they did not arrive for 30 minutes. They were not even busy. Only four or five other people there. I ordered the juicy burger cooked medium-rare and my wife a standard hamburger also medium. When it finally came it was so tiny and so overcooked. Outside was crusty and the inside was cooked far beyond well done.
And even the French fries were hard to describe - there were several fries which was for sure since a while in the drip dray and fried a second time.
I think the waiter knew why she didn't ask whether it was OK but she asked, Any dessert? And I answered, For sure not! But even when she didn't liked to know why I mentioned this.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My cousin recommended Nick's - we were very pleased with our experience (actually experiences- breakfast, lunch and dinner) as well as a going to the bar.
The food was excellent- you have to their "Dungeness Cracked Crab" - it is a real treat- excellent. For supper they offered a 16 oz. fresh lobster tail and a steak which was outstanding. All our food was excellent. Their staff is excellent and made you feel welcome. It was great to look out at the ocean from the restaurant.
We went for a drink at their bar- they had live entertainment and the group was excellent- very talented.- good dancing floor.

1  Thank Rockend86
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Right on the rocks with the surf splashing up. They have delish sea food dishes. A little pricey. Gets very busy, very early.

1  Thank Sara D