“Nice Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was hesitant about Nicks due to the mixed reviews, but was happily surprised that the food was very good. I had the stuffed Chicken breast which was very tasty. My husband had the scallops and really enjoyed them too. The service was good and the waitress was helpful with the menu. the atmosphere is kind of older 60s dinner house vibe. I liked it but I could see where some people might just say that its dated. The prices were a little high, but since we were on a mini-vacation we didn't mind. I think this would be a great place to celebrate a birthday or other special occassion. After dinner we retired to the bar for live music and dancing. Had a great time there!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I visited Nicks while in Pacifica and are still talking about the best crab sandwich we have ever had! Nicks is an charming, restaurant with a great view. The decor is outdated, and it is loud and busy.....which is perfect for a restaurant like this. The crab sandwhich was amazing, and would easily feed two of us. Order a couple of drinks, a crab sandwhich and enjoy the view and the atmosphere!

1  Thank Daryn C
Reviewed January 19, 2013

People come from far and wide for Nick's famous crab sandwich. They are made from fresh dungeness crabs on sourdough bread. Mmmmm. Here's a tip, if the restaurant is crowded go to the lounge, it has a view and you can order your food and drinks in there. The crab sandwiches are very big. We ussually split one and each have a bowl of clam chowder.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was working up the hill from here and came down for a break with a bite. The view of course was spectacular. I really enjoyed watching the surfers and locals wandering, walking their dogs and chasing their grandchildren. This is a place from days gone by, well kept but dated for sure. I I was there at 2 on a weekday and there were plenty of locals around, but I was seated in a corner booth without asking. It was EXACTLY the corner I wanted. Water was served right away with a lemon. It took a long time to go over the extensive menu. I asked about the shrimp and avocado sandwich, "How is the shrimp cooked?" "it isn't" "it's raw?" "yes" "you mean like civeche?" "No, they're bay shrimp" "so is it cold?" "yes", I told him I'd need a few more minutes. I'm thinking it's cold shrimp salady stuff, which could be good, but I go for the "Famous Crab and Tomato Sandwich" with.....what's this? Eggplant fries? I've got to try those. The waiter says, "good choice". My lunch arrived lightning fast, and piping hot. The sandwich was huge and piled high with crab. There was a huge pile of super hot eggplant fries with a ranch dip. There was a huge quarter dill pickle and some lettuce and red onion. Everything was super fresh and divine! But the portions were huge so I got to enjoy the same for my dinner tonight. Loved every bit of it. I hope I can get back there. Yummy.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I recommend getting reservations especially on weekends. We started with the calamari appetizer. It was easily big enough for 4 people. After the calamari we split the salmon dinner, it would have been plenty of food for two people without the calamari. Nice quality food with reasonable well cocktail drinks at $6.50 each. For a bar with an ocean view I think it was pretty reasonable.