“Disappointment”

El Grano de Oro
Ranked #25 of 87 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Worst of the four Mexican places I ate in Pacifica. Too bad as I was hoping for better. I had a small nachos plate with carnitas. I can say that the carnitas was fairly tasty but nothing more. The rest of the ingredients ALL lacked flavor. I will give credit to the personnel who were courteous and helpful. And the serving size was quite good. But overall the food lacked taste. Won’t be returning.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here before and will probably eat here again but if you compare it to other mexicatesens in the Area it ok but I have to say it is missing something. I don't know what it is maybe music? Flavor? It is something I can't get my finger on yet or may its the sauces they " feel" canned. Anyway I think with just the right sauce and this place could kick tail. But try it for yourself maybe I'm too picky. I'll be back to give a second chance, see ya... Califaz

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My favorite item here is the vegetarian burrito, their beans and flavors are just perfect! This is an easy place to get food to go or dine in. It's family friendly (my son loves their quesadillas) and we've always been happy with the food.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great staff, fast service, solid value, don't forget to grab a couple bags of chips as well. They're made right there and actually have flavor. The steak super burrito is my "go-to"' each and every time.