“Best view this side of SoCal”

Pacifica Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I were there a couple of weeks ago and will be staying there for our anniversary next week. We now call it our go to place:) The only problem was the floor could have been vacumned better also under bed. But only a problem if you suffer from allergies and asthma.

Room Tip: love the third story with a big open balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We booked our room through hotels.com. The staff were very helpful. The room was a dissapointment. Both the chair and loveseat had stains on them. The bed cover had a big hole in it. The carpet looked dirty in places. Until the "new" management cleans it up, I wouldn,t stay here again. The view of the ocean was very good on the plus side.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Yuck! Well, if you are young and just going to get the surf time in, then it's fine. If all you need is a bed and a shower, it will work. But if you are in need of ANY amenities, and I do mean...ANY...I wouldn't stay here. It is not that old, but looks, feels and smells very old. It is a huge property and looks kind of cute from the outside with its Victorian motif. Not my idea of a comfy stay.

Room Tip: Ocean view but road noise will be the trade off.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hello,

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband, had a gorgeous view from our room, we saw whales and loved the surfers surfing early in the am. There was no restaurant at the time of our stay so cannot comment, but did check out pool area again another beautiful view of the ocean.

Did use the continental breakfast in the am, fruit, cereal, danish and yogurt works for me.

Our room had a massive jacuzzi which my husband enjoyed every night. I am hoping they have plans for renovations for the rooms as they are dated. Once the rooms are more modern I believe this would be one of the top places to stay on Pacifica :)

Room Tip: I believe a ocean view room is just a tiny bit more then a regular room and so worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear Irrum,

Thank you soo much for your wonderful review.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pacifica Beach Hotel.
I'd like to let you know that we are currently in the process of doing updates to the property. We are looking forward to our restaurant opening soon sometimes end of August or begining of September ! Very exciting for us and we welcome you back soon to take a look. We appreciate your comment.
Pacifica Beach Hotel - Management

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here in May 2012. Our room, 310, was on the end by Highway 1. If at all possible, do not get a room at that end of the hotel. The road noise is horrible! From reading other reviews, I knew that this hotel had new management beginning last fall. It is apparent they have done some significant cleaning and our bathroom looked like it had a new shower stall. That said, there is still a lot to be done. The bedding is old and tired, hard as a rock. The bedspread, draperies and furniture need to be replaced. Also, the curtain rods were held up with shelf brackets and were way to long for the window. The vanity and sink are outside of the shower/toilet area which is very nice. There was a large jacuzzi tub, but we didn't use it since it looked like it was old and you never know what is sitting in the pipes on those. Also, there was a floor drain next to the jacuzzi which was in the living area of the room - kind of strange. There was a roof balcony that would have been nice to sit on and look at the ocean, but no furniture. Some furniture there would be nice. Overall the hotel has a strange layout with lots of doors and stairs. All of the doors that are exposed to the outside need to be painted or stained.. The desk personnel were very efficient and friendly. The breakfast is just as advertised - fruit, cereal and danish. On Sunday morning they were out by 8 am, but on Tuesday there was still plenty left at 10. The restaurant still is not open. The desk clerk said renovations should begin soon and the restaurant might be open this summer. This hotel has a website, but it hasn't been updated in quite some time and doesn't even have an address or phone number. Bottom line is, it was clean and has great potential. Hopefully the new management can bring it back to what must have been a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I recently stayed at The Pacifica Beach Resort for 8 nights while visiting with family. The property was taken over by new management in late September 2011. The former owners let the property go downhill very badly. Any property needs to be taken care of but especially those that are so close to the elements which this one is.

The new owners have done a wonderful job trying to restore this property but they have a ways to go. My first room was not in the best of shape - painted over mold in the bathroom and chipping of plaster in the room. The second room I had was slightly better - a working electric fireplace and better view but there were several problems with the windows. My last room was fantastic, however. I had a full view of the ocean and the room was in perfect shape. My only complaint is that there is no dresser. The have a piece of furniture that has a shelf for the suitcase and then a shelf below for clothes. The nightstands also have a shelf. None of the rooms have dressers, however. I had packed for several days and did have enough room for my clothes (which I keep in plastic travel bags so this was not a problem).

The front desk staff is absolutely fantastic. They were able to answer all my questions and always addressed me by name. They always made me feel special.

The hotel offers a continental breakfast but it only consisted of packaged danish and fresh fruit.

Overall, the hotel is quite clean. However, be sure to ask for a freshly washed blanket upon check-in. When I inquired about this, I was told that the blankets are not changed between visits - only when housekeeping deems it necessary. However, I was given a fresh blanket. A tip would be to take off the bedspread and have them make the bed up with an extra top sheet so you don't have to come into contact with the blanket.

When all the renovations are complete, this will be an outstanding property. Fantastic views and a nice pool are included.

Room Tip: Go for one of the inside rooms with a full ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lynn D
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel rooms are perfect!! Very clean and the views are outstanding!
The continental breakfast was nice.
Awesome staff works very hard to accomadate everything.
We had a wonderful stay and we will be back :)))

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank janetlove104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacifica
Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
#5 of 9 in Half Moon Bay

Been to Pacifica Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!