“One of my favorite places to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pacifica
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I am employed by the State of California and travel to the Peninsula occasionally on business. Whenever possible, I make it a point to stay here. Being able to take a walk on the beach or the nearby headlands is a perfect way to unwind after a hectic day. Top that off with dinner at Nick's (in the Sea Breeze Motel) and you have a wonderful time. If you can, ask for Room 201 -- it's a large room with a magnificent view of Rockaway Beach -- has a micrwave, frig, large bathroom, sofa, easy chair, and work table. It was wonderful. My last visit there was July 10-11 and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank gcjones

Reviewed July 6, 2006

My teenaged son and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Pacifica over Mother's Day weekend. This was a perfect central location for visits we were making to San Francisco and San Bruno, and it is also very convenient to the airport and a great improvement over staying beside the airport. Holiday Inn Express Pacifica is located at Rockaway Beach, a lovely spot with a picturesque rocky shoreline, nice (steep!) walking trail, and interesting shops and restaurants. The hotel was highly satisfactory: clean, comfortable and inexpensive. The only problem I experienced was very poor cellular service - I often could not dial out on my cell phone from the room. Maybe this was because of the topography of the area. However, I could use my cell phone from the central lobby on our floor or the main lobby with no problem.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank midcenturyantique
Reviewed June 26, 2006

My family of three spent four nights (mid-June) at this HIE in Pacifica and for the most part we were very satisfied. The King Suite we'd reserved was smaller than expected, but the view more than made up for it as our window directly faced the ocean. One of the screens was missing from the window, but we were on the second floor so we didn't mind, especially as it enabled us to lean out of the window to get some great pics of the ocean. The room was clean (except for some strange brown smudges on the wall near the fireplace) and the king bed was comfortable. The refrigerator and microwave in the room were clean and very much appreciated.

The breakfast area was pleasant and the breakfast itself was good and varied, though not quite as well attended/replenished as we've experienced at other HIE's. In the evenings delicious fresh cookies are offered near the reception desk, and the Internet is easily accessible in the lobby as well.

The staff was polite though they weren't exactly friendly - 'bored civility' is the term that comes to mind. Even so, we have no complaints about the service. We arrived at the hotel a couple hours early but had no problems with getting right into our room, and the 'ocean front' request I'd made by phone was wonderfully granted! All in all, we definitely enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express and would recommend it to others. The easy drive to San Francisco takes only minutes, but Pacifica is much quieter and more peaceful, and the beach area is great for playing in/near the ocean.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank Desert Family
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I stayed here for 9 days - Check-in was super fast, friendly and the room was above average. The hotel was very clean. I had read another reviewer's comment about the hotel smelling "like an ashtray" AFTER I had booked and was not particularly looking forward to experiencing this aspect, however I did not find this to be the case at all. Perhaps things had changed in the meantime. The room in which I stayed had a large screen TV and DVD player. Finally, a slight maintenance issue I had was corrected within a couple of hours, which was consistent with the great level of service I experienced here.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank bswee
Reviewed April 7, 2006

March 06

Once again booked this hotel on strength of reviews here. We were not disappointed. The hotel is about 50 m from Rockaway beach. You can not miss it as it has been painted bright yellow.

Very nice lobby area and hotel interior. Room was fine - as you would expect from a Holiday Inn. You can book rooms with sea views and with fireplaces etc. They supply beach towels if you fancy a dip.

The breakfast was good and tea/coffee available all day.

Rockaway Beach is not that commercialised with a few motels, one Best western and some shops. There is one rather dingy looking motel (Sea Breeze?) on the front.

We ate at "Nicks" which is almost next door. Food was OK. They have live bands some nights.

Took only 20 minutes to drive to SF airport.

5  Thank tashy50uk
A TripAdvisor Member
College Station, TX
Reviewed February 21, 2006

It is a nice inexpensive hotel with very friendly staff - but if you are non-smoker walking through the lobbys and hallways will make you ill. I stayed in a very nice non-smoking room that didn't smell at all but the rest of the hotel smelled like an ashtray. Other than that (which since I have allergies is a big deal) it's a great deal for the money by Bay Area standards.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2005

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights after an extended vacation in San Francisco and Sonoma. I had reserved this hotel only after reading other reviews. We had an ocean view which was just beautiful. The room was large but the furniture was somewhat antiquated but still very clean. Our "Fireplace" was the plug in style tucked in a corner - I expected a "Fireplace". The area is beautiful with easy access to walks on the beach and local restaurants. Nick's and Rockin Rob's (located within a block or 2 of the hotel) has the best food I have ever had. Nick's was somewhat pricy but well worth every penny and then some. This hotel was freshly painted in a bright yellow and looks very nice. The staff is very friendly. The price was well worth it. I would recommend this to anyone staying in the Pacifica area.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacifica
Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
#5 of 8 in Half Moon Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pacifica? Share your experiences!