All reviewsrockaway beachocean viewsan franciscofree parkingpaper platespancake makerwalking pathfresh cookiestaco bellyogurtfree breakfastsmall hotelthe breakfast areafridge and microwavesitting areahwyihg
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family and I stayed overnight at this hotel 10/07 - 10/08/2012. We were visiting San Francisco, but we didn't want to stay in the busy downtown area. The Holiday Inn Express in Pacifica was a PERFECT place for our short getaway. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, the pleasant and welcoming attitude of staff and the location. We stayed in the King Size Junior Suite w/ an Ocean View - the extra $20 was very much worth it! Being right by the ocean was so nice and relaxing - we didn't want to come home! :) We enjoyed that there was a walking path right to a great beach. We were in walking distance to a few places to eat. We wanted to try out Nick's, which we were told was a great place to eat (and I'd also read many reviews on TA), but it was late in the evening and we couldn't wait 20-30 minutes, since that was the wait time. We had dinner at Rock n' Robs, which was okay at best, but it safficed. The hotel also offers what I would consider to be more than a continental breakfast, with healthy and very tasty choices! The signature cinnamon rolls were to die for! :) All in all, the hotel exceeded our expectations and we will definitately return, hopefully sooner, rather than later! :)

Room Tip: Its worth paying a little extra for a room with an ocean view. :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I never, stayed at this hotel. so I can only rate them through my impression of them over the phone. In the last year or so, I called this hotel several times, after midnight requesting information for room availability for late checkins. Each Time, I call, the agent on hand, always transfers me to central reservations. Rather, then getting, a quick yes or no on availability from the hotel, I'm required to spend extra time with central reservations, and explain I'm looking for a room for immediate booking, which confusions them it seems. This 35 room hotel, must be very busy, if they have to route calls to central reservations, rather then spend 1 minute of their time, to give me an answer for availability.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelmaster75
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Pacifica was a surprise for us - a great one! We were in town just one night for a party and the location was not too important, e.g., no business meetings, etc. We thought the hotel was near the beach but imagine our surprise when we got there and figured out they have a wee path that goes straight to the beautiful, walkable beach. The rooms (we had three for our family) were all clean, large, and well-stocked. Even the room in the front, abutting Hwy 1, was quiet since the hotel is set back far enough. The staff was enormously friendly. The breakfast was ample and included fresh choices. Also, each room had two bottles of water - very nice addition. One room, a 'family room' (217) had a whirlpool bath with wonderful fixtures, a dimmer switch - a romantic spot - built into the large room; this room also had a front room for Junior to sleep in separately from his parental units. We only had a few weidnesses, such as nobody could figure out how to run the HVAC, one room (211) had the hot & cold plumbed backwards (so hot came out until you moved the dial to 'hot', then cold came out). We also visited Nick's, next door, for night caps and music - very handy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WoodlandTraveler
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Easy access off the highway in central Pacifica. We had corner suite (Room 101) overlooking the bay with a great view. We had been upgraded (thank you) as we were on our anniversary and this was much appreciated. All staff we encountered were friendly, room spacious and clean. Breakfast was basic hot and cold fare and good enough to get you going. Coffee and tea always on and cookies in the evening. Easy hiking trails minutes from hotel. Nicks and Surf Spot restaurants in easy walking distance. Both good in their own ways. Would we come back, YES!

Room Tip: Sourth side will get a better beach view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The parking was easily accessible. The front desk staff was very helpful and polite. The room was suprisingly clean and spacious. It had a frig, microwave and extra sink. I had requested a room with two queen beds therefore, I did not have an ocean view. My view was only of the window in the next building that happened to be very close. The breakfast was good and maintained very well. A deck just outside of the front desk area was great for sitting and enjoying the view.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view if you want to see the sea!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family