“Oceanside stay was great!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pacifica
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Arkansas
“Oceanside stay was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

The parking was easily accessible. The front desk staff was very helpful and polite. The room was suprisingly clean and spacious. It had a frig, microwave and extra sink. I had requested a room with two queen beds therefore, I did not have an ocean view. My view was only of the window in the next building that happened to be very close. The breakfast was good and maintained very well. A deck just outside of the front desk area was great for sitting and enjoying the view.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view if you want to see the sea!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MVHArkansas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Riffa, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed only one night in this hotel on June 2012.
In corner suite with the best view of the sea.
had dinner at Nick's , the next door resturant, the famous crab sandwich is a must.
watched my favorite TV channel in USA ,that is BET, Hilarious comedy shows, which was not always avalible in other hotels in California.
Breakfast is good and Complimentary.

Room Tip: Exellent for surfers Corner Suite has best views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bahrainmom
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here to visit San Francisco. It is the perfect location, as it is right on Rockaway Beach in Pacifica. Our room overlooked the Pacific ocean & the view was amazing. The beach was steps from the hotel. It is located right off Route 1 with a 20 minute drive from San Francisco.

The hotel was spotless. The housekeeping service was great. The complimentary hot breakfast was perfect. It included scrambled eggs, bacon (BACON!!!!), sausage, bagels, pancakes, coffee, juice, muffins, english muffins, fruit, & a lot of other stuff.

I could go on about the city of Pacifica but that is another review.

Room Tip: If you don't reserve an ocean front room ask for an upgrade. If they have one available, they j...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Johnny-Boricua
Laughlin, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is a great hotel and the staff is very friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable. They have a very nice breakfast. We will definitely stay there again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Definitely not the Holiday Inn I used to stay in when I was a child and we were traveling interstate. It certainly has changed. Needless to say, I was a little concerned about staying in a Holiday Inn when I was in the area for business. I didn't want to stay in the city, I wanted a little more peace and quiet and the serenity of the sea. I had hoped to enjoy some nice walks in the mornings and breathe some of the ocean air. Anyway, being the germaphobe that I am and having stayed at a few rather expensive dumps, I have learned from a skilled veteran that you may always ask to see the room prior to renting it! I did just that and I was quite pleased. Talk about a room with a view! WOW! My room was not only satisfactory, but it was awesome! The view was spectacular! It didn't even bother me one bit that I was there alone, I was going to enjoy every single minute of this! Okay, it isn't the RItz Carlton, but then again, I'm not paying for the Ritz either, but, I am getting the same view, ha! I did get a room with a jacuzzi tub, and it worked wonderfully. (Oh, by the way, do not use bubble bath in a jacuzzi, not even a tiny bit. Just a little piece of advice;) Oh, and crack the deck door a little if you plan to lounge for a while in the tub like I did. See, the heat builds up inside the room and unfortunately, they put the fire extinguisher right above the tub which began to alarm just as I was getting nice and comfy! So, there I was, grabbing for a towel, quickly opened the deck door and grabbed the desk chair and hotel info card to fan the alarm...just sure that any minute the Pacifica Fire Dept was going to show up at the door. They never did, but it's a funny story...now. Not so funny then.
I also had a deck, not a tiny deck stuck on the side of the building as an after thought, but a decent deck with a table and chairs. Now I was sad I didn't have a few people to call to share it with.
The staff was nice and there is a continental breakfast in the morning.
So close to San Francisco, you can be there in a matter of minutes. Also to SFO airport. Pacifica is such a great location, you've got beaches, walking trails and if you head south on HWY 1, Half Moon Bay is 10 min. and the drive is beautiful. Have a great time.

Room Tip: Ocean side for the best view, but the rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Melissa M
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was our 2nd visit to HIE and Suites in Pacifica, CA. Great service and overall clean property. Although the carpet in room 211 needs to be replaced. If you want the Pacific Ocean without the crowds of San Francisco, this is the place. Walking trails and Rockaway Beach are just outside your door. Make sure to visit the shopes in the area around the hotel. Especailly the 'Grape in the Fog' restaurant and bar at the end of the street, Elizabeth will thake good care of you. Went spent 3 nights and have been very pleased with our stay. Breakfast was fast and easy with great attention to cleanliness. Always clearing tables and restocking the food. Menu changes daily. The beds were comfortable and bedding was clean. The AC (it was accually warm when we arrived) worked well, and we kept the fan running at night to drown out any unwanted noise. Although we never heard anything out of the ordinary. Very quiet in Pacifica. We loved it.

Room Tip: Just ask, they are very accomidating and knowledgble of their Hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TNtraveler1998
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My family stayed here for a couple of nights and loved it. We booked 2 rooms, one of them was a spacious 2-room suite since we have young kids, the other was a partial ocean view for my parents.

The 2-room suite came with a mini fridge, microwave and sink. The bedroom included a large jacuzzi tub which we took advantage of on both nights. The bathroom was a good size and had a shower stall with hot, hot water. The living room had a full-size sleeper sofa and a couple of small lounge chairs with an ottoman. A small table with 4 chairs was in front of the window. There was even a faux fireplace, I thought it was a oddly placed picture on the wall until my daughter figured out you could turn it on. When we did, it had "flames" in the frame and actually put out some heat. There was also a wraparound patio of sorts with table and chairs that was accessible from the bedroom and living room. The only unfortunate thing about the room was that it had no view whatsover - it faced the parking lot and the highway - so we didn't spend any time on the porch. We didn't notice much road and car noise at night and slept pretty soundly. I recommend not turning on the heat if you can help it, the heater was a bit loud.

The free breakfast was hot and decent - one morning was sausage, egg and cheese biscuits; the other was pancakes, bacon, potatoes and scrambled eggs. A mixed assortment of muffins, pastries, bagels and toast. 4 different kinds of cereal, plus oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt. Plenty of whole fruit. Coffee (with a lot of various creamers) and tea were available 24 hours. Fresh-baked cookies were put available at mid-morning.

The staff was very courteous and nice. I joined Priority Club with this reservation, and with that the girls received free snacks when we arrived and we were able to extend the checkout with no extra charge.

The hotel is just a block away from Rockaway Beach, behind the Seabreeze Motel and Nick's Seafood Restaurant. There's a walkway to the beach that hooks up to a paved trail. It goes a long way in both directions. Great for runners and walkers.

We picked Pacifica because we wanted to be between San Francisco and Half Moon Bay. It's only 20 minutes from the city, a very easy drive. And the hotel was a surprising gem in this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mailmanorama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacifica
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lighthouse Hotel
#3 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
#5 of 8 in Half Moon Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pacifica? Share your experiences!