All reviews rockaway beach ocean view san francisco free parking paper plates pancake maker walking path fresh cookies taco bell yogurt free breakfast small hotel the breakfast area fridge and microwave sitting area hwy ihg
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Hotel is right by the ocean in a beautiful area. There are a few restaurants within walking distance and a few more a short drive away. San Francisco is about a 20-minute drive away.
Got upgraded to a suite with ocean view upon arrival. Nice big room with fridge and microwave, free wifi. Free breakfast buffet which was pretty good. Hotel staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We booked only one night in this hotel when visiting family in the San Fran area. We loved it so much that we made an excuse to come back and spend our last night here. It is clean, nice, the view is amazing and you can hear crashing of waves all night which is awesome. Its close to the highway and restaurants and I actually considered looking for property in this area after staying at this hotel. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Crenee1977
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed here while on a business trip to the bay area. I figured that it was so close to the airport, why not stay on the coast rather than being stuck at an airport hotel. It was a good choice. The drive was short and scenic. I didn't see a pool or a fitness room, but the 24 hour free beverages (juices included) was a nice touch that I haven't seen at other HI Express locations. The hotel was clean and had very modern furnishings. The staff was helpful. Before heading off for work the next morning I took a short walk to the sea to watch some surfers do their thing. Do yourself a favor and check out this location the next time you are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Blabbott
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My family stayed 1/7/12 & 1/8/12 while visiting San Francisco and were pleased with the location, service, and breakfast. My teens (13 & 14) raved about the breakfast and we all appreciated the hot beverages at any time, and the cookie at night. Early Sunday morning I woke to the moon shining in our window and decided to go sit on the beach with a cup of tea while the moon sank into the ocean and the sun rose - the end to a lovely stay in the Bay Area. Hotel serves a nice expanded continental breakfast, staff was friendly, located basically on the beach, and is only about 5 minutes to the BART station. Found two family restaurants across the street (burger & mexican). Stopped in at Nick's Restaurant - looked great, but out of our price range. Delighted that we stayed here instead of in S.F.

Room Tip: Worth the cost to have an ocean view room. We were in 209 & 210 - plenty of room, quiet, pretty view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the HIE in Pacifica after flying into SFO for a trip to Napa Valley and the Monterey peninsula in November. It was a twenty minute drive from the airport. One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was the good reviews on TripAdvisor and the closeness to the beach with the nice views of the ocean. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The room was fairly large and was nice and clean. The breakfast was the standard for a HIE and it had one of the best views from the breakfast area of any hotel. The rate was fairly high but not unreasonable for the SF area. It was a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple