“Needs improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alberto's Ristorante

Alberto's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Alberto's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Ln.
Transit: There are several bus stops within a block of the restaurant.
Description: Buon Giorno & Bienvenuti To Alberto's Ristorante Where Great Food, Good Friends & Fun Times Come Together Alberto's is a local's secret. Hopefully, you'll find us and join the party.
Stateline, Nevada
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

We dined at Alberto's over the weekend.

We were seated promptly and the service was good. The interior was inviting and warm on a cold day.

The bread was warm, fresh and had a lot of flavor.

We were comped an order of bruschetta which had a bite to it but was flavorful.

I had a Caesar salad. I found the dressing lacking. It was watery, bland, lacked that anchovies tang and I thought overall was flavorless. The presentation was proper.

My wife had the insalata verde with a fresh spring mix of lettuce. She said it was good.

For the entre I had the Ziti al forno in a marinara sauce. I found it to be overcooked and dry. The pasta should have had more sauce then it did. After it was served the pasta soaked up the marinara sauce causing the meal to present as dry and overcooked.

My wife had the veal picatta. The meat was good but the sauce was a little thin. It was served with pasta in a light tomato sauce. A perfect side dish.

Overall I was not that impressed with the quality of the meal. It is very basic home fare and not restaurant quality.

1 Thank sunnski

Monterey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looking for a local fine Italian restaurant, look elsewhere.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

The Monterey peninsula is known for good food; but more importantly, it excels in its friendly small city cozy atmosphere that draws you to dine out in your local neighborhood. Yes, the chef of Alberto's on a good day will sit down at your table and grant you his presence, but ask for “al dente” pasta from him, and you can be sure he isn't going to cater to your request, seemingly insulted that you might suggest something from him. If you really want to enjoy a good Italian meal coupled with a pleasant, cordial atmosphere, look elsewhere - like Joe Rombi's not far down the road.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MontereyResident
Carmel, CA
“Italian Gem in Pacific Grove”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

Alberto's is a great little Italian restaurant in upper Pacific Grove, away from the tourist traffic. Right now it seems to be much more of a locals place than the typical Monterey Peninsula restaurants that cater to the many tourists we have here. Alberto, the Chef/Owner is great, and on a slower night he may sit down and regale you with stories of the stars he has cooked for in his Hollywood, CA restaurant. But, on to the food. Friday evening we started with an Insulate Caprese, and a Ceasar Salad, and both were excellent. The bread was crusty slightly toasted, and served warm, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We had spaghetti & meatballs, and Veal Marsala as our entrees. The linguine was fresh, and the meatballs were also excellent. The veal was very tender, and the marsala sauce was excellent as well. We were too full for dessert, but had a cappucino and a cafe latte. Both were excellently prepared, and were beautifully presented. Since it was a slow night, we had the pleasure of chatting with Alberto, and getting glasses of his specially prepared after dinner drink - we think he referred to it as Basil-Cello. It was somewhat similar to the lemoncello that we have had in Italy, but actually better. So, if you are looking for a very pleasant dining experience, with good italian food, that is off of the well-beaten tourist path on the Monterey peninsula, we would highly recommend Alberto's.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Monterey
“Outta-this-world Osso Bucco”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

Hard to find, but worth the hunt. I had the Chianti braised osso bucco served with gnocci (sp?) . The meat was fork tender and served with a marrow fork the way it should be and the sauce had reduced down to a mellow winey-tomatey-jammy consistencey. Our server knew the wine list and food and was helpful in making good choices.

Stockton, New Jersey
“Loved this quaint Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2006

My husband & I stayed in Pebble Beach in September 2006- a friend told us about Alberto's Ristorante in Pacific Grove. I am so happy that I made reservations- while the restaurants at Pebble Beach resorts are wonderful, this quaint & authentic find was our favorite! If you want a romantic meal with excellent service, I highly recommend Alberto's. Located in a strip mall in Pacific Grove, it doesn't appear to be anything special, but the tiny restaurant truly pleased us with their unique wine list and homemade italian specialties. Alberto even customized my entree for me! If you are looking for a special dining experience in a casual & friendly atmosphere, I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant.