“Nice people, but avoid this place!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alberto's Ristorante

Alberto's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Alberto's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Ln.
Transit: There are several bus stops within a block of the restaurant.
Description: Buon Giorno & Bienvenuti To Alberto's Ristorante Where Great Food, Good Friends & Fun Times Come Together Alberto's is a local's secret. Hopefully, you'll find us and join the party.
Carmel Valley, California
“Nice people, but avoid this place!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

The night we went there was live entertainment. That was the best thing about this restaurant. A small place, we expected it to be busy. Besides us, there were only three tables occupied the whole evening. The food at best was mediocre! The lone waitress was very nice as is Alberto, but that just could not make up for the food or the lousy wine. Avoid this place!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Annette P

Monterey, California
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Alberto is very impressed with his cooking, but I was not. Mediocre Italian food, but priced like excellent.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank kathanselmann
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Meal! Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was in town for the Big Surf Half Marathon and looking for a place to carb load the night before. Alberto's was completely booked when I called but the host who answered the phone informed me that if I could arrive by 5:30 he could squeeze us in. When we arrived, I wasn't too sure about the place based on its location in a strip mall. My mistake...location isn't everything. Alberto's is a smaller, intimate restaurant with limited seating. Be sure to make a reservation!

The food was exceptional!!! The portions are on the bigger side so you may want to consider sharing an entree. My friend and I shared a Caesar salad and the Ziti Al Forno. We were sold once we had the salad (delicious!). The ziti was the icing on the cake (amazing!). Our awesome waitress, Sabina (be sure to sit with her if you can), recommended a Pinot Grigio that was also very delicious. By the end of the meal, we were raving about the food to each other. A definite must do if you're in the Monterey area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sarah H
San Francisco Bay Area
“Mixed Experiences”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant four or five times. It's a favorite of a friend. Sometimes the food is great, sometimes not. Same thing for the quality of service. The price is reasonable and the location is easy with ample parking.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oroville, California
“The best bean soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

It tasted like I was with my grandmother and she made the bean soup for me. GREAT!!! My husband who does not eat many veggies had a broccoli salad and he ate it all. Love it!!!. You must have the lemon desert it was to died for. I was back in Hoboken eating lemon ice. Alberto is a great host and so was his assistant. We had a wonderful time and listening to great stories. I felt I was back in Italy. We will go there again. This restaurant is off the beaten path put it is a must to find. Just across from Safeway in a little strip mall.

Visited April 2013