“Took a blind chance and scored!”
Review of Cafe Ariana

Cafe Ariana
Ranked #32 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On a trip to Monterey, we happened upon Ariana's after just wandering through the (cute!) town for a bit. We didn't read any reviews or plan ahead, and were so pleasantly surprised. My partner got a delicious panini; I got a personal pepperoni pizza (more on this later). We shared a tomato soup (delicious! Literally the best tomato soup I've ever had). My husband got a biscotti after and I got an espresso gelato. The pizza was thin and crisp and a little on the cheesier side. The gelato was fantastic - it felt like we were back in Rome. Totally loved this place and made a note to remember the name to pass along the review. Highly recommend!

1  Thank KMDT

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I love that I was able to place my order and pay for it at the counter, thus eliminating the hassle of waiting for someone to take my order and later be interrupted in the middle of good conversation when the bill is presented. On my last visit I ordered a bowl of pumpkin soup which included bread – two generous slices that were lightly toasted and tasted as if they had just come from the oven. The creamy soup was absolutely delicious and served in a large cup with a handle, so tipping the cup to get to that last little bit was not considered uncouth. The service was impeccable with the waiter visiting our table at appropriate times. I especially liked the decor – walls sponge painted a muted earthtone with soft (flattering) lighting and relaxing Italian music playing in the background. The cost for my meal was only $14. I have also lunched here with girlfriends and everyone has always enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were looking for a late lunch/early light dinner on Lighthouse at 4pm. Cafe Ariana was open, welcoming, and delicious. The menu choices all looked good (panninis, soups, pizzas...) which made ordering difficult. The three of us each had a different pannini and we were all very happy with our choices. The customer service was exceptional. Our waiter was VERY nice, helpful and patient. The chef in the back stepped out and thanked us when we were leaving. Nice touch. As we were eating, I noticed how clean and fresh the cafe looked. I thought it had just opened. At the end of our meal we treated ourselves to a salted caramel gelato (recommended by our waiter) one of the MANY flavors they offer. Reminiscent of our trip to Italy. So glad we found Cafe Ariana!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This cafe on the main street was reminiscent of small town independent family restaurants from my childhood...only the food was better! It was inviting, friendly, and a great place for an affordable meal. We took our pizza to-go and it was delicious.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We looked up this cafe on Yelp. Lighthouse Ave is very pretty but this cafe was very sub-standard. It was empty when we walked in, which speaks volumes.

My son ordered a "house" coffee. The lady misheard and brought him an iced coffee. When he told her it was a mistake, she took it away and brought him a coffee, which was weak and not very hot. It was only later that we worked out what they had done - sieved out the ice cubes and heated the coffee in the microwave. The sandwich we bought was stodgy and dry. It was very disappointing. We could have gone to somewhere really pleasant if we had stayed on Cannery Row. Really disappointing.

1  Thank 186470Liz