“The only place to stay in Pacific Grove”
Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We loved the Sunset Inn. We found it in the Lonely Planet Guide and it wasn't wrong. The room was spacious, newly refurbished and very comfortable with everything we needed. The hotel is two minutes walk from the ocean and a few minutes drive from the charming town of Pacific Grove. Ideally placed for exploring the area. Barbara, the host, was fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. Good breakfast of bagels, yoghurt and cereal, with great coffee. We only had two days there but didn't want to leave. Look out for the wild deer wandering round the hotel grounds, town and golf course! We would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We decided to turn a cousins wedding into our mini honeymoon! I came across the Sunset Inn which had good reviews and decided to stay here. The Inn is very sweet and charming, The rooms are extremely clean and I loved the hardwood floors. The bathrooms were really nice too. Barbara is wonderfull She will answer any question and send you off to enjoy your day. She makes you feel like you are her own personal company by providing you with a nice clean place to stay and plenty of information about the perfect sights to see. The only slight negative is that the walls are super thin. Other than that it was just perfect! We are going back in Oct.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We were delighted when we arrived. It is in a very convenient location to downtown Monterey, Cannery Row, and Fisherman's Wharf. It was also very close to the 17 mile scenic drive. We were given great service and special attention upon check-in. Our room was extremely clean, and the decor was modern and cozy. We had a fireplace in our room, as well as a flatpanel TV. The beds were very comfortable. Our bathroom was very clean as well, although the towels were a little on the small side. Our rainshower was nice and spacious, although I would opt for a room with a tub next time. The only thing I was not completely happy about was the complimentary breakfast, which was lacking in options, but that just forced us to go out into town, where we found a delicious place to eat. Overall, I can't complain about anything.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Firslty - I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Barbara who upon arriving late after 10pm, confirmed that all local bars and restaurants would be closed but then proceeded to kindly allow us a bottle of wine from her own wine collection. What a star and just what we needed after a long drive in the rain from LA - thank you so much. Our only regret is that we couldn't replace it due to us running out of time and having to leg it to San Francisco quickly. The room was gorgeous and very spacious - didn't hear a peep and had such a good nights slepp - we were gutted we only had one night there. We fell in love with Monterey and with Sunset Inn and chose by fat the best accomodationin that area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Real nice place but room 118, as lovely as it was, stunk like mildew. You can hear everything going on in the room upstairs, for example someone coming home at midnight and taking a bath at 1am, etc. Otherwise, if all the other rooms are as nicely renovated, minus the smell and the noise, I'd recommend this hotel. Very lovely place and location.
The beds are very hard and hurt our hips. Didn't get much sleep during our two night stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband took me on this great ~ Birthday weekend! I booked the Sunset Inn for just one night & we ended up staying two nights!! It was so comfy, relaxing, & down right homey!!! You're close to everything! The staff was Fantastic!!! We want to make it a yearly trip!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trkngrany
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Sunset Inn was like a little piece of Paradise! The room was so beautiful, so clean and so very well appointed, right down to the beautifully designed bathroom and luxurious amenities. I had to pull myself away from the room, constantly reminding myself that my reason for coming was to see the seaside and other sites! Barbara and all of the other staff members were wonderful, morning, noon, and night. Everything I needed, she made sure that I was able to find it or supplied it to me herself. (Who does that anymore?) The owner of Sunset Inn even stopped and talked, and made me feel like a special guest. I do plan to go back to Pacific Grove. You can believe that Sunset Inn will be the only place I plan to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009
#4 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Lovers Point Inn
Lovers Point Inn
#7 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!