1,206 results
All reviews fire pit rain shower wood floors yogurt continental breakfast donuts pacific grove golf course short walk mile drive jetted tub great place to stay quiet area front office monterey area would definitely stay here again glass of wine pebble beach
Reviewed December 30, 2015

I have used this inn second time. My first visit was very good experience so I choose this inn this time. But..... Our room is a first floor (#118?). It was soooooo noisy. The second floor guests are very noisy persons, so I cannot sleep well. I felt they were walking over night with big steps... I DO NOT recommend this room. I never want to stay #118. You should request a room except #118. And I booked a room with jacuzzi, because I wanted to enjoy the jacuzzi bath. However we cannot use it after 8pm... It didn't be announced on the webpage... I'm disappointed this visit...

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Michael G, Manager at Sunset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Hi L0VeEE,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. I apologize for the experience you had with the guests above you and completely understand your frustration. I know that when we spoke while you were here you indicated they were up very late. As I'm sure you know, we have little control over the guests actions or habits. However, we would be more than happy to contact the guest for you in the event this were to occur in the future. Please just notify the front desk of the situation. It is our goal to make each guests stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. I know your first stay with us was great and we want your future stays with us to be the same. In addition, please know that we have removed the 8:00 pm limit on the tubs for your next visit. Thank you again for continuing to stay with us and I'm sure your next visit will be as great as your first :)

Reviewed December 15, 2015

We were recently here for just one night while in PG for an event. We had stayed here a few years ago, and was kind of disappointed, Not so this time. I think the new ownership shows pride in the upkeep of this property. The deficiencies we experienced last time were not there this time.

The rooms are small, but quaint, but most importantly they are clean. We like the idea that the gas fireplace has a built in timer so you can set it and go to bed knowing it will shut off when the time expires. The bed was very comfortable.

A nice touch was while we were driving on our way, we got a phone call about 1030 in the morning. This call was from the hotel desk letting us know that out room was now ready and we were free to check in at any time. You don't see that very often from the majority of other hotels...just a nice little touch.

When you walk out of your room, you are about two blocks from the bay and can hear the crashing surf. Just be careful when driving in the area...lots of deer walking around, which just adds to the ambiance of this place.

The only negative was the cleaning person left a cleaning cloth on the bathroom floor.

Definitely will be return on our next visit to PG.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LPD50

Hi LPD50,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice review and for staying at the Sunset Inn. We are so excited that you noticed all of the improvements and enjoyed our new pillow top mattresses, pillows, and linens. We make every effort to provide the best service we can and try and ensure each guest has a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to the housekeepers also as they work very hard to make sure the rooms are very clean for our guests (they appreciate the feedback). I hope you have a great new year and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to the area :)

Reviewed December 14, 2015

Stayed at Sunset Inn for the annual CMC-North Conference. They not only accommodated our request for a pack-n'play for a baby, but when there was some minor issues with our room and the baby they offered us a different room.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi brandond721,
Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review and for staying at the Sunset Inn. We really appreciate it. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the accommodations. We make every effort to try and make sure each guest has a great stay. We look forward to seeing you for your next visit to the Monterey Peninsula and have a great New Year :)

Reviewed December 3, 2015

Enjoyed the Inn, location and staff so much. Everything perfect. I will return. I particularly enjoyed the closeness to the beautiful beach and beach walk . Room accommodations perfect. Thank you again !

Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank janegaitan
Michael G, Manager at Sunset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Hi janegaitan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review. We really appreciate it! We are so happy you enjoyed our location only one block to the ocean and our updated room accommodations. I hope your holidays are wonderful and that we get a chance to see you again on your next trip to the Monterey Peninsula :)

Reviewed November 25, 2015

This hotel is better than it looks in the photos. The rooms are spacious, affordable, the beds are extremely comfortable and it has a very relaxed atmosphere.
There is a continental breakfast included which is basic, but nice.
Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.
Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sisabell
Michael G, Manager at Sunset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Hi sisabell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review and for staying at the Sunset Inn. We really appreciate it! I am so glad you noticed all of the recent updating we have completed, including the brand new pillow top mattresses with new linens and pillows. I hope your holidays are wonderful and that we get a chance to see you again during your next trip to the peninsula :)