“Basic but adequate”

Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages
Reviewed October 4, 2008

We too stayed in room 120 which is on the ground floor - one of only a couple of two storey buildings. Avoid this one if you can as we had a lot of noise from above. Otherwise it was fine. The room was a reasonable size and clean. Breakfast is very basic, but it's free.

In spite of this, I would still recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages

Reviewed August 31, 2008

Our room, number 120, was beneath a 2nd level with ceiling noise continuously until 10pm and beginning at 6:30am. It was people walking up the stairs, down the corridor and into thier rooms with the slamming o f doors.
Slept terribly.
Never again

1  Thank johnjoseph
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Very, very cute cottage in a quiet neighborhood. We had 2 queen beds in one room for our 4 kids. Then a walk thru mini kitchenette to the other bedroom with a double. The beds and furniture were tight, but the room was decorated very nicely and super clean. We had 6 people in the cottage (4 were kids) and it as OK. Didn't spend too much time there -- just returned late in the evening.

The breakfast is across the street and is sparse. We went into pacific grove the 2nd morning for breakfast at Toasties. Nice cafe. The hotel breakfast is take out, mostly muffins and bagels, and our cottage was a little cramped for 6 people to eat at the coffee table. But that is my only complaint. The place is kept super clean and the room was really nice.

I thought for the Monterey area, the price was decent for accomodations for 6. It is often hard for us to find places where we can all be together, so I appreciated the cottage with all kids and adults together. We always have a blast on our family vacations, and like to be in close proximity to each other.

Cozy and cute, but it you like lots of elbow space, this place may feel too small.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2008

The room(#432) was nicely newly redecorated with a good color scheme and jacuzzi tub. The brand new king bed was way too soft for us and my back is still sore 5 days later from sleeping in it one night. But the manager was very kind to let us cancel our second nights stay and we moved to another location.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2008

My husband and our two young children recently stayed at the Sea Breeze Inn on our way up the Central Coast. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I am very picky about cleanliness and I am happy to say that our room was clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was roomy but there was no counter space to put toiletries and the cheapy sink/cabinet they had in there looked really out of place with the nice mirror over it. I say invest a little in a nice vanity, but it wasn't horrible. My only complaint besides the lack of counter space in the bathroom is that the outside of the tub that is hidden by the open shower curtain could use a little extra scrubbing. It wasn't hideous but I think everything in the bathroom that is white should be meticulously so. Most people probably would not notice. Right outside our room there was an nice tiled firepit and we bought some s'mores fixings from a nearby grocery store and let the kids roast marshmallows before bed. They had a blast. A continental breakfast is served each morning but we decided to forgo it after getting word from another family who warned us of stale bagels and other sub-standard breakfast fare on offer. Guests at the Sea Breeze Inn have access to the swimming pool and hot tub across the street at the Sea Breeze Lodge and there is a small grassy area with a picnic table on the property. It was a very nice place to stay with the kids. All in all, for the price, we had an nice stay and I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2008

This is a really nice place. You almost feel like you're in guest bedroom at someone's house- not the generic decor of chain motels. The room was large, clean, and nicely decorated. This place is off the beaten path (just a few blocks from "downtown" Pacific Grove, which looked cute) and is really quiet. We plan to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2008

My cousin & I along with her small dog needed a pet friendly lodging on the Monterey Peninsula for April 9-11/08.

Motel 6 always takes pets but at their current prices & locations around Montery there no bargain for what they offer.

I wanted something away from all the hustle & bustle but within easy access to the coast, dining & shopping.

The Sea Breeze Cottage Inn offered all for only $79.00 a day. Beautifully remolded room with Queen bed, extensive cable,outside grassy areas, picnic table, pool, jacuzzi, continental breakfast, tranquil location with short distance to coastline. There was even a large pet pillow with dog bones on top in room.

I checked the weather forcast before booking & sunshine was forcasted.

Always check weather forcast for Monterey Peninsula as they get a lot of overcast days.

I experienced only one problem when entering room, the door knob was loose. It was odd since I had a read a review mentioning a loose door knob.

I walked to the office & reported the problem & that I had read about the same problem in a review.

They fixed the door knob immediately!

I love Pacific Grove for it's lovely Victorian homes, picturesque rocky coastline, & the beautiful butterflies.

For a budget Inn we got a great deal. I would highly recommend to anyone.

We stayed at a B&B in Santa Barbara next & paid double the price for a spec of a room with far less amenities.

Peg, Pasadena, Ca.

#3 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Lovers Point Inn
Lovers Point Inn
#8 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!