Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$160
$140
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$141
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Hotels.com
Lovers Point Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$119
$111
Travelocity
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$178
$161
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
Orbitz.com
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$129
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Travelocity
$162
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsfire pitroom was cleanacross the streetdog bedthe cottageslight housecontinental breakfastan older propertyoatmealquiet locationdonutsqueen bedwould definitely stay here againmonterey peninsulamini fridgefew blocksasilomar beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have to just say Wow! This place has been freshly remodeled, clean and fresh, new carpets, paint, tile, paint and beds... Well done'. I would absolutely recommend the Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages to family and friends. We're here for our anniversary, visiting from Lincoln City, Oregon. I was born and raised here just a few blocks away from this this and remember well, playing at night I the near by cemetery. No ghost this visit. The ocean is just a couple of blocks away, as is the light house. We're geocaching our way around Pacific Grove searching for nearly 50 geocaches, all within walking distance for the faint of heart. Lots to see and do while you're here. There's so much history to discover in this most beautiful part of Northern California and this is the pace to come hang your hat for a day or a week. We'll be back again. We stayed in Cottage number 113. We recommend you check this place out! Oh! They have Wi-Fi, coffee pots, hair dryers, continental breakfast and are per friendly. They are also just a short 2 blocks from the surf and walking trails. Hope that this write-up helps. I found absolutely nothing negative to say about our stay in Pacific Grove.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rick A
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stay in Pacific Grove approximately once a year -always in a different hotel because we haven't found one we like enough to return to. That has changed. We reserved at the Sea Breeze on the recommendation of friends who stay there every year during the AT&T Pro-Am. (The hotel is a sponsor of the Pacific Grove shuttle to the golf tournament, so rides are free, a a savings of $20 per day per person. The shuttle to and from CSUMB is free but takes forever.) Staff was friendly and efficient. The motel has units on both sides of Lighthouse Avenue. It has a number of different sized units, including old-style motel rooms in a row, free-standing cottages, and at least two wheelchair accessible rooms. Our unit had been updated with dual pane windows and new window coverings. The floor coverings appeared new. Our unit had a microwave, a small refrigerator, and a coffeepot. Our friends' unit had a flat screen tv but ours did not. There was upgraded cable/satellite including HBO. The bedding was of a good quality with a nice duvet. I found the bed a bit firm but my husband liked it. The towels were a little worn but adequate. There was plenty of storage. Internet access was excellent. Everything was very clean. Although the motel was full, I heard no noise, including between rooms. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee, orange juice, microwavable oatmeal, and muffins. Overall we found the Sea Breeze to be a clean and comfortable choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrdduck
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Well, the location is great. Close to the beach and shopping. That's about all I can say about it. The rooms are VERY small, tiny TV with very few channels and many don't come in well. Like someone else said, the only heater is on the wall and is very small. The door to our room was open when we got there so the room was freezing. It took a good hour to warm up. There is barely enough room to walk around the bed. My husband was there for a conference and they had reasonable rooms so he booked it. Doubt we will stay there again. The pictures are misleading.....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lorilscsw
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My daughter and son in law were here for their Anniversary and stayed in one of the cottages Rm.#112. The bed was comfortable and the room appeared clean. The Bathroom shower was Disgusting! Tile was black from mold under grout. They had a rubber mat down and that's the only place you felt comfortable in standing to shower. No continental breakfast. Just a muffin and coffee. I definitely would NOT stay at this establishment again. And they said they upgraded?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Orchard Orchid
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed at Sea Breeze Inn for a weekend visit to Monterey in early November. The location was perfect in Pacific Grove close enough to major attractions for convenience but far enough from the tourist centers to allow for a less frantic pace. For those with the energy and time, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is within walking distance. I would recommend taking the slightly longer but infinitely more scenic street and trail along the bay.
The hotel itself was clean and comfortable and at a fraction of the price of other options I investigated. There were not any issues with hearing guests in neighboring rooms as some reviewers have noted. The hotel seemed quite full, but the entire weekend was quiet.
The hotel staff was friendly and courteous and upgraded us to a larger room at no extra charge.
The complimentary continental breakfast lacked variety and was a little sparse but for what I paid for the room, I was amazed any breakfast was included at all.
All in all, this hotel is a great value and comfortable. I would stay there again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple