“Yummy food!”
Review of Michael's Grill & Taqueria - CLOSED

Michael's Grill & Taqueria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2013

While staying in Marina, CA for a week, we ate at Michael's four times because the food was great. The chicken burritos were tasty and the salsa had enough kick; not too spicy.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Family run, food cooked fresh, many locals at lunch. Blackened chicken was good, beef good, salsa spicy.
Right next door is the American Cancer Society resale shop where the Monterey Pennisula crowd brings their gently used belongings.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and spent a few days in Monterey recently and a long time friend said we had to try Michael's Taqueria. Our first night in town we ate here. I had the "La Playa Combo", it is charbroiled shrimp, blackened chicken, cheese enchilada, rice and black beans. I have to say I have always had a love of Baja style seafood; this is more than that. This is a fusion of Baja, Cajun, TexMex, and Californian. and it is done quite well. The shrimp was outstanding, some of the best blackened shrimp I have ever had. The blackened chicken was a small step down from the shrimp, but was delicious. They claim every thing is fresh and made to order, it sure tasted like it.

My wife had the Chicken and Shrimp fajita. Her comment when she was done was "we don't have to look any further, we can eat every meal here". We did eat there again just as we were leaving town so we could maximize the time those tastes stayed with us.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Got the burrito and it was great. Would do that again. One can feed two. Chips ok, salsa ok. Cold Mexican beer. Tacos a little oily. Wouldn't do that again. Shop next door at the American Cancer Society shop.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place has been a favorite of mine for years! Admittedly, I eat the same thing everytime...the Blackened Chicken Tacos. So yummy! Chips and salsa are good and fresh. This place is inexpensive, tucked away as a locals favorite.