“Best Mexican Food in the area!”
Review of Michael's Grill & Taqueria - CLOSED

Michael's Grill & Taqueria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Delicious mexican food. The restaurant is small and you have to order at the cashier and bring your number to the table for food to be delivered. This place is no-frills, but by far the best Mexican food I have had so far in the area!! This is my new go-to mexican food place!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I really enjoy the carnes asada plate. The sauce on the included cheese enchilada is very fresh and tasty. I also enjoy their chicken dishes. Chips & Salsa are freshly made. No wonder it's been voted Monterey County's best taqueria the last 2 years.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Read about it on YELP and stopped in for a lite snack. We both had the street tacos (steak, shrimp), which were huge! Everything is fresh and prepared to order. The steak and shrimp were grilled, but overall the tacos lacked real flavor. Their salsa is wonderful and that helped to spice up the tacos a little.

Bottomline, the food is okay but don't believe the hype if you're really into good mexican food.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My friend Steve and I used to eat at Michael's Taqueria in Pacific Grove back in the 80's.  We always liked it, but I haven't eaten there in years.  So when I saw that Michael's had a location in Salinas, I had to try it. (Michael's also has a location in Marina, but I have never eaten at that location.)

When I go to a restaurant for the first time, I try to order off their "House Specialties" section of the menu.  So I ordered the House Burrito which had charbroiled shrimp and blackened chicken with rice, cheese, pico de gallo, and roasted tomatillo-chile sauce.   It is topped with a red sauce and cilantro.  The charbroiled and blackened aspect of the burrito tasted like dirt.

It was edible, but with all the wonderful Mexican restaurants in Salinas, why would anyone eat Mexican food here.  My husband's feeling was how can a place named "Michael's" have good Mexican food.  You know...he has a point. Dont' waste your time with this place.
John had a Burro wrap with chicken. Although it was okay, it isn't even worth describing it to you.

To pay $9.00 or $10.00 for a burrito in Salinas is a little pricey.

Perhaps it wasn't the food that kept Steve and I going back in the 80's to the tiny Taqueria located in the corner of a strip mall in Pacific Grove.  But one thing is for sure, I won't be going back in this lifetime.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

It might look like a hole in the wall, best it's the best mexican food in PG. Lots of food for little $$.
Order up front and pick your own seating. Service is fast and the food is excellent.
Great for people on a budget.
Try their 'wet burrito' it's to die for!