Been coming here for over 20 years both on business (week long stays using their meeting rooms) and pleasure with the family BUT NO LONGER! [advised by front desk staff at check out that new owners again as of Aug. 2011]. Have stayed in all sizes of both lodge rooms and fancier suites (a Jr. Suite for "discounted" $240. weekday) located across the street. A HUGE JUMP in room costs, over 25% from past stays, and a noticeable, big decline in customer service and usual amenities present.
Room decor and paint not even closely matching, furniture is worn out, sofa and chair covered with tacky blue stretch covers that had to be completely removed to open the hide a bed, cracked sinks and tubs, jacuzzi missing control knob and working tub stopper mechanism (cheap rubber stopper substituted instead of fixing), mattresses worn out, lumpy and soft, door keys operate upside down. Had made reservation for 4 persons but only had 3 threadbare towels/2 washcloths, 1 set of cheap Sysco soap/shampoo, and 2 coffee cups. All of the usual suite amenities (plush robes, upscale toiletries, wine/alcohol glasses, dishes, plates, cutlery) are gone and reduced variety, quantity and quality of breakfast, dinner, and BBQ items, as well as reduced hours 7-930AM and 430-6 PM. Now extra cost for more breakfast items with no substitutes but service was excellent. Missing a lot more salads and soups for suites' afternoon reception and pasta/salads for BBQ on lodge side.
Some roof repairs going on but all rooms are badly in need of routine maintenance and capital improvements from past owners/management.
Now has $4 PER DEVICE, not per room fee, for poorly working Wi-Fi internet access and $25/person extra for more than 2 persons/room.
Beware, eemed like staff was reluctant to actually show final bill before running your credit card to avoid discussing "room tax" (10.07% ? transient occupancy tax) and "TID" (PGHID-Pacific Grove Hotel/Tourism Improvement District) of $2/room/night that is not posted anywhere, nor where any room charges posted in room. Being surcharged for the "privilege" of encouraging more tourists at past tourists' expense to return to Pacific Grove and receive more bad service and bad accomodations!
Although name and website (http://lhls.com) is still listed as the Lighthouse Lodge and Suites your actual receipt now says Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages The Suites’ check in/front desk station has been closed and you must go across the street to the lodge to check in, check out and deal with any room issues!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Lodge & Suites is a boutique hotel that is nestled amid the Monterey Pines, 1- 1/2 blocks from the tip of Monterey Bay and the Pacific Ocean. We are conveniently located next to Pacific Grove Golf Links, Point Pinos Lighthouse & the historic El Carmelo Cemetery. The property has two unique sections located across the street from one another. Each day, we provide a complimentary continental breakfast from 7:00 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. Pool & Spa available for guests. The Cottage property is a thirty-one unit property. Our Cottages have a king size beds, microwave, mini refrigerator and gas burning fireplace in all rooms. The Cottage patio has tables, chairs and fire pits. The Cottages include a daily chef prepared breakfast each morning from 7:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M. and wine & hors d'oeuvres from 4:30 P.M. - 6:00 P.M every afternoon. We have a variety of meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 40 people classroom style. We also offer group rates for those booking 8 or more rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelClick so you can book your Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Lodge And Suites
- Lighthouse Resort Pacific Grove
- Lighthouse Pacific Grove