Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
$202
  • Pool
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$169
BestWestern.com
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$130
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$129
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Lovers Point Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$119
$112
Priceline
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmade to order breakfastcottage roomoatmealhot tubbreakfast each morningpoint pinos lighthousesofa bedhot breakfastroom was largenice fireplaceshort walk to the oceanmini fridgemile drivegas fireplaceafternoon wineroad tripcannery row
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Friends of mine wanted to relocate back to the Monterey Peninsula. I contacted the Lighthouse Lodge & Suites, and they offered a very reasonable rate of $79.00 per night (off-season of late January). My friends stayed for a month. Since I work just up the street, I would often come to their room to visit, and we'd head over to their Happy Hour. First: the room. They stayed in the hotel section (as opposed to the suites across the street). The room was large, upstairs, with a room overlooking the cemetery. This might sound macabre, but it's actually quite lovely. First, privacy is pretty much guaranteed, as the cemetery residents remain quiet 24 hours per day (no disrespect intended). The room offered a TV, microwave, coffeemaker and small fridge. The bed, they said, was adequate-- but after a month, they were longing for a more comfortable bed. They weren't happy that phone calls cost $1.00, each, for INCOMING CALLS!! This part of PG offers terrible phone service, so I couldn't contact them by cellphone most of the time. Since the hotel was pretty empty, they were allowed to enjoy breakfast and evening Happy Hour across the street-- where the more expensive suites are allowed. They said they enjoyed ordering their breakfast. I got to join them a couple times, and the evening spread was nice-- wine, non-alcoholic drinks, crudites and BBQ burgers. However, once the suites were busy (for the AT&T Golf Tournament) they had to eat at the hotel area-- which we dubbed "Dog Patch". Definitely not as nice food fare, but granted, the rooms are cheaper in the hotel. Wi-Fi cost money, and so they never used that, either. Instead, I told them to take their laptop to the local McDonald's, order a cup of coffee and use their free wi-fi, which worked out great for them. My friends said that water pressure and heat was fine, the bathrooms were fine and that overall they felt the housekeeping was good. For $79.00, they didn't expect the Ritz Carlton. I still think this place is worthy, because you can walk right to the ocean, which is spectacular. just don't expect five star rooms on an economy rate. Then, you'll be happy.

Room Tip: If staying in the hotel section, as for an upstairs room. They are much larger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foodiewife
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have been a regular guest of the Lighthouse Lodge for 10 years or so. I would come down twice a year sometimes three times. I have alway's loved this place. I did not come down last year and heard the original owners filed for bankruptcy which is really sad they were the most wonderful people you could meet

This time around we reserved a suite and were given room 327 which is a junior suite facing asilomar avenue. I had heard bad reviews about pipes rattiling dirty carpets and run down so I was really hesistant to return but the front desk person I spoke to gave me a real long story how that had changed and the property is better than it ever was so I decided to give it a look since I am a travel agent and send people to various Hotels in Monterey and Carmel.

The first thing I noticed is that the outside looked real good some roofs were replaced paint in good shape. The door to the room we had and in that part needed to be painted or replaced was peeling badly. We stepped inside and the carpet was really dirty. You would shower come out barefooted and your feet would turn black. There was a bleach stain by the wet bar. The bathroom doors would not lock and two out of the four windows would not open the cranks were in need of replacement.

I did contact the office they sent maitenance they managed to open one window but neglected to tell us it won't close unless you go outside and push it and have someone inside lock it. Evertime I took a shower the pipes made a sound like a ships air horn. I kid you not I woke up my friend in the AM and I can't imagine what the people next to me were hearing it was extremely loud.

The staff are very friendly and I can see that they are trying to bring this great property back to shape but there is a lot to do. I snuck a peak at the honeymoon suite nice and large beautiful but the couch was filthy dirty almost black. Never cleaned. The maids are top notch the jacuzzi and the pool were excellent the breakfast in the AM and the cheese and wine in the PM were great. Sad to see that they closed the bar it was nice to have a drink and not have to drive to Monterey to find a bar.

BUT I will say this I will continue to come back and I will reccomend this to some clients. This property is the closest to the pacific one block away it has so much potential and Mike the GM is staying on top of bringing it back to shape this that I can tell you. I so wish I could have given it four or five stars but I will be checking again after summer and see what has been done.

Room Tip: I like the junior suites. They have a couch and a wetbar when you walk in and the bed is in another part of the main room. They have an in room jacuzzi tub that could fit two people. I like facing Asilomar avenue some have a slight view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank willy550us
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Accolades to the staff and for the amenities provided! We couldn't have been more delighted with the staff, from the front desk (who informed us of a discount on our return stay) to the staff present at the free (for suites) breakfast. Attention to detail is often remiss these days and customer service a common platitude. After occupying a comfortable table, adjacent to the sound system speakers, an staff member inquired whether the music was too loud. Upon confirmation, she promptly adjusted the volume- just an example of paying attention; rarely found these days! This place really is a bargain and a peaceful island in a impacted, touristy area. I have been visiting this area (Carmel, Monterey, Pacific Grove since the 1970's- retreats/conferences at the state owned Asilomar- and this will be continue to be my choice of residence, even after retirement. Thank you, Linda, for your hospitible demeanor, as well as for the informed advice regarding restaurants and places of interest. We appreciate learning of the impending, planned upgrades and look forward to our return! Lynn Fjeld

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LynnFjeld
Reviewed March 21, 2012

II stayed at this property when I was in Monterey on business. The suites may be quite nice but the lodge on the North side of Lighthouse Av is somewhat tired. Old TV's (though large), a bit of peeling wallpaper and beds/linens that need replacing make up the room. The touted BBQ is made up of re-heated hot dogs and hamburgers and a bit of salad. The breakfast fare is a bit sadder. The folks are nice and the price (through Priceline at $113. +) is good for the area. And Pacific Grove is beautiful as is the location; right near the Point Pinos Lighthouse.

Room Tip: ask for a room (King upstairs) without bushes in front of the view (of cememtery) of the Pacific
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

After reading the numerous and differing reviews on this property we booked through Booking.com and got a $204 for two nights, which includes breakfast and afternoon appetizers (aka dinner). Our room (202) had a modest view of the ocean and was very clean. True, the carpets are incredibly old. But this was a great getaway spot! It has a great pool that is heated - not quite warm enough for me in winter - but the hot tub was lovely. We walked to Asilomar beach and caught a few deer grazing along the quiet streets to the water. The lighthouse is right there and beautiful every time I see it. This is the most westward hotel in PG, the lack of commercial activity in the area was a real plus. I thought the staff were very hospitable.

Room Tip: This is in the Lodge, The Suites across the street are much more plush.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple