We commuted all the way from S.F. International Airport to Monterey, CA. Thanks to the safe and fast travel provided by Monterey Airbus, they charge only $40 one-way. Anyway, the driver dropped us off to Howard Johnson Express Inn at 660 Dennet Ave., Pacific Grove, CA. It is within the residential area so we were expecting a quiter place to crash in while touring Monterey downtown, Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf 1 & 2. Our room was a king standard, $159/night. From their website I was expecting a small room, but we were suprised we had a fairly spacious room, for 2 people. There was 2 sinks for us to us individually, the kitchen room has complete amenities and we were able to iron our clothes. The bath tub is clean and romantic, the only thing that was small is the toilet room itself but it is enough for us. There was a nice balcony, with 2 vinyl green chairs and a small table. The bed we had was big and very comfortable.
If I were to make suggestions to the owner of the hotel? It would be a more efficient front desk officer, when we were checking out the receptionist was said to be assisting a guest and we waited like 36 minutes (this was not appreciated at all since we could have been late for our trip back to San Francisco). We didn't eat at their complimentary breakfast at the breakfast building because they meals looked cheap and junk.
We went to American Tin cannery or First Awakenings instead, and Toastie's the next days.
My regret was only the first night. The other tenants (3 rooms per building) had kids who were running up and down the stairs, banging doors.. but they left before us so we were in for a good sleep.
I expected HJ to be worse but it exceeded my expections, in a positive note. I actually missed the place now that I am back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peaceful and relaxing, the BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove offers spacious townhouse-style accommodations in a quiet neighborhood just minutes from the beach. Explore the incredible coastline from your cozy home, located right off 17-Mile Drive on the incredible Monterey Peninsula. The large guest rooms and suites with high ceilings are comfortable and convenient for discovering the area, and you will love the complimentary high-speed Internet access and deluxe continental breakfast served daily. The Monterey Bay Peninsula is one of the most beautiful slices of the coast of California, and the BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove provides the perfect home base from which to explore all of the area's attractions, from water activities to scenic hikes and wine tastings to whale watching. Nestled between pine and eucalyptus trees in a quiet residential neighborhood, this charming hotel is within walking distance to Asilomar State Beach and Asilomar Conference Grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Monterey Pacific Grove Hotel Pacific Grove
- Howard Johnson Pacific Grove
- Pacific Grove Howard Johnson