We stayed here fro three nights as part of a four week trip around the USA. We decided after two weeks of travelling, we needed a holiday during our holiday - so picked Monterey!
A beutiful spot - these suites were formerly twonhouses - whichexplains why there are three suites per building with a double garage underneath. You still get a parking spot late at night - just out in the open.
The Inn is in a suburb of Pacific Growve and whilst a short walk to the beach - you would need a car to get into Monterey for dinner/sightseeing.
The room was spacious and clean, with a comfy king bed and small room with a safe, microwave and fridge. There is a deep bath/shower (with handrails fortunatley!) and double hand basins. We had free wireless internet and they supply free continental breakfast as well - although we didn't partake. Our room had a small balcony too.
Several reviewers mention noise due to other people in the building.... hey - they are in the same building!!! its not your house.. it's a hotel with other people staying there! We had the same with a slamming door downstairs. We could've nipped down there and asked them not to do it - but I was too cozy.. were we on holiday and the best thing about that is... we rolled over and went back to sleep!! Other than that it was very quiet.
A guest laundry is located in one of the garages and worked well.
We had no issues with check in or check out at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peaceful and relaxing, the BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove offers spacious townhouse-style accommodations in a quiet neighborhood just minutes from the beach. Explore the incredible coastline from your cozy home, located right off 17-Mile Drive on the incredible Monterey Peninsula. The large guest rooms and suites with high ceilings are comfortable and convenient for discovering the area, and you will love the complimentary high-speed Internet access and deluxe continental breakfast served daily. The Monterey Bay Peninsula is one of the most beautiful slices of the coast of California, and the BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove provides the perfect home base from which to explore all of the area's attractions, from water activities to scenic hikes and wine tastings to whale watching. Nestled between pine and eucalyptus trees in a quiet residential neighborhood, this charming hotel is within walking distance to Asilomar State Beach and Asilomar Conference Grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Monterey Pacific Grove Hotel Pacific Grove
- Howard Johnson Pacific Grove
- Pacific Grove Howard Johnson