“highly recommended, home from home”

and 1 more site!
The Old St. Angela Inn
A TripAdvisor Member
“highly recommended, home from home”
Reviewed June 5, 2004

We spent 2 nights with Lew and co, what a discovery, the most homely B&B I've ever stayed in and the complimentary wine and home baking at 4pm daily really impressed and relaxed us, a great way to get to know new people on your travels.
Would not hesitate in recommending this place, the cooking is superb.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Modesto, California
Reviewed January 8, 2004

My husband and I have stayed at the Old St. Angela Inn about 4 times now and are going back next weekend and again in February. We absolutely love it. We find it to be very comfortable and Sue, Lew and Honey are wonderful hosts. They also serve wonderful breakfasts to start the day off. I would recommend this B&B highly.

1 Thank Robbi H
Reviewed March 4, 2003

Well this is the first time I have experienced a bed and breakfast INN. Tho the charm and elegance was delightful, what I feel any Inn should be really selling is the fact that comfort is the # one goal. I dont have a bad back but when i sleep in a bed that causes pain and discomfort all night i feel that one should complain. The bed was nice and soft which was comforting but the bed we slept in had seen better days. One would consider this bed to be a sway back if that term can be used with a bed. The center section on both sides gave in to the point that one could not be comfortable in any position for long. This was the Whale Watcher room which goes for over $200 a night and is the most expensive room in the Inn. I have stayed in many motels alot less expensive that at least offered beds that were flat and firm. I have heard that alot of bed and breakfast Inns are not that profitable and if others offer this same scenario I would be dissapointed to think that one would not know what they are getting till they show up and feel what they have just spent there hard earned income on.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2003

I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone. We fell in love with this B & B on our honeymoon 6 years ago and have been back 5 times since. The hospitality of Sue and Lew is beyond compare and the location is within walking distance of the shoreline and the Monterey Aquarium. You will not be disappointed in any of their rooms.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2002

This was a beautiful inn. We stayed in the Garden Gable room which had huge windows, the softest bed, a fireplace, and was just all around romantic. The food and hospitality were excellent. I would recommend it highly.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Martine Inn
Martine Inn
#2 of 8 in Pacific Grove
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa

Been to The Old St. Angela Inn? Share your experiences!