“Great room, Great location, price is right”
Review of Olympia Lodge

Olympia Lodge
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We spent two nights at the Olympia and were very pleased. It is about a 3 block walk to the beautiful shoreline, through forest and we saw several deer along the way. We had an ocean view and balcony. As the lodge is among the trees, our second floor room felt like a treehouse. The rooms seem to have been remodeled quite well and the beds are comfortable. I checked the prices of several other motels in PG and Carmel and the Olympia's were very good in comparison. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2010

We stayed at the Olympia Lodge after checking out many other high priced hotels in the area. It was recommened by a local as being clean, quite and a good value. She was right on all accounts!!! The room was very clean and the huge king bed couldn't have been more comfortable. We paid 99.00 for the night, considerably less then the others that we checked out and just as nice. We were given a corner room (2nd floor) with a small deck that had a veiw of the beach in the distance! The room was large and spacious with a great "California" style decor as well as a very high ceiling. The place was very quite, we were able to get a great nights sleep. The staff (check in and out) were very friendly and helpful. It has the added bonus of being just a short 5-10 min walk to the beach! Yes, it could use a little updating but nothing major. The overall experience was just great we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My family and I have stayed annually at Olympia Lodge for the past 3 years. The lodge lost my business after today. I called to make a reservation and the manager, Mary Lou, answered the phone. She quoted me a completely different price for two standard rooms that I was interested in. I called a few days ago and was quoted a cheaper rate which is the rate I have been paying annually when I stay there. I told Mary Lou that this is not what I was quoted a few days ago, and I have never paid this rate before. I wanted two rooms with two beds. She said that the two beds is a higher rate, which has never been the case before when I stayed at this lodge. When I tried talking out the price with her she had the nerve to raise her voice and was very rude and unprofessional. Some other friends of mine called because they were interested in staying at this lodge also and encountered the same experience with this manger. This manager needs to improve her customer services skills. It's costing her business.

Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank annabringas30
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Since 2004 I have been vacationing several times at year at the Olympia Lodge and absolutely love it! The rooms are clean, quiet, and smell good and the location is convenient and peaceful. I am thankful to have found this jewel and look forward to staying at the Olympia for many years to come.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank LalaNorthBay
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We usually have enjoyed staying here for the Laguna Seca Race weekend for a few years but this year we in-countered some unpleasant problems. Someone entered our room while we were out to dinner the first night and stole our friends; credit cards out of a purse that she tucked away in the dresser drawer. She found out about it only because the next day the bank called to question the charges that were made locally in Sand City the next morning which is 30 minutes north of Pacific Grove. We live in Orange County CA so we could only assume it was some local that stole them. We mentioned it to the Manager and we were disappointed that she was not very sympathetic to the situation and only said we will change the locks the following Monday. The types of locks they have are keyed locks and the rooms are not visible to the office or the street so they can easily be entered. One more thing. We made our reservations a year in advance and paid $275.00 per night, Sunday's rates were the same so we did not stay. Two guys on Motorcycles arrived the same day and were only charged $180.00. So they do charge much more for those who like to plan in advance.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We stayed at the Olympia Lodge for one night the day after the 4th of July. The hotel did not impose a 2 night minimum, which many in that area do, and allowed us to bring our three (!) dogs for the price of one. The location is great, just a short walk to the tidepools and beach, and in a very quiet area. It's a 3 minute drive the other direction to the Pacific Grove shops, restaurants, etc., and we were able to park right outside the restaurants where we ate so we could keep an eye on the dogs in the car (it was very cool and foggy despite being July). The room (117) was spacious, clean and comfortable, and nicer than I expected for a dog friendly place (tho there were a few pieces of furniture with gnawed corners!). The downside was the bathroom, which is dated and small, with the sink (updated) outside the room housing the toilet and bath. (My friend who stayed there had a problem with the drain on her sink and the hotel knocked $40 off the rate, so that was very accommodating.) I would also recommend bringing your own towels if you are particular about that sort of thing; the towels provided are pretty thin. The other slightly uncomfortable feature of the room is that although the beds have very nice linens and comforters, and are very cosy, they seem to have sort of a water proof cover under the top sheet, which you can feel through the sheet. Maybe to protect the mattress from doggy smells? They also have a cute pool, but it was far too cold outside to use it. I recommend asking for a room on the top floor with a balcony on the ocean side of the hotel. We were on the first level and there was a fair bit of noise from folks walking around in the upstairs room in the morning. We also had a balcony, which was a wonderful place to sit outside, but were on the front side facing Lighthouse Ave. and the parking area, so there was some traffic noise and people loading up their cars, delivery trucks, etc. Nothing to really complain about, but it would be preferable to be on the other side. They also had a set up in the lobby with juice, coffee and donuts on Sunday morning. Overall, the place is very friendly, accommodating and reasonably priced, and I would stay there again (with my dogs).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Nice place-great value for the Monterey peninsula. Stayed in room 217, upstairs with balcony and high ceilings. Rooms have been remodeled and are clean, spacious and comfortable with new beds, furniture and down comforters. The bathroom is small but updated. Our room overlooked the front parking lot which was a little noisy but not bad. This is one of the only places in the area where they don't have a two night minimum on the weekends and don't jack up their rates for special occasions. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
Lovers Point Inn
Lovers Point Inn
#7 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove

Been to Olympia Lodge? Share your experiences!