Olympia Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Monarch Resort(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
All reviewsbagelsno elevatornice bedcontinental breakfast in the morningvaulted ceilingsbit datedmonarch sanctuarythe point pinos lighthouserestaurants and shopsshort drivesaw deerfew blocksspacious roomcoffee makermonterey areabedsocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very friendly staff who were quite upbeat and helpful. Nice room, not too small, not too big, just right for two singles traveling together. Some gripe about the "sliding door" entrances but I found it different and not a problem; gave a lot more light into the room if wanted.

We got there a bit early and room wasn't ready so they allowed us and some other friends who were staying at another hotel to convene in their small lounge area an share some wine and beer we had brought with us; no problem.

Nice selection of muffins and bagels for a morning snack.

All in all, quite nice and reasonable for Pacific Grove.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

You can hardly get closer to some very nice attractions in Pacific Grove. We came here using a Groupon rate, so of course the price was amazing.

The staff is very nice. The rooms are simple but very clean and well maintained. Don't come here for the view. Come here for the quiet and access to whatever you want to do in Pacific Grove - the ocean, butterfly garden, etc.

Room Tip: Get your discount coupon for An Choi restaurant next door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CalifTravelerOne
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel is old and musty. If you have any allergies or breathing issues stay away. We stayed one night and when we got home our clothes smelled musty. I woke up with breathing issues due to the mold in the room. I think 3 star rating is wrong. I gave it a two star because the room was clean and staff friendly. But what a health hazard.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Budalinek
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The room was very nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing that could use improvement, would be to update the T.V.'s.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just returned form a 2 night stay (Jan 18-20) at The Olympia Lodge using a Groupon Voucher ($119 for 2 nights). We were in room 212, vaulted ceilings, 2 Queen Beds, armoire 2 chairs & ottomans, a closet and small bathroom. We arrived a little after 5PM and entered the room via a sliding glass door, which as others have said is a bit strange. Immediately we were hit with sauna like heat, someone apparently left the radiant baseboard heat on. It was so hot we couldn't stay in the room as my family and I broke out in a sweat. We contacted the front desk and they said said, just leave the door open to air it out, it should be OK within the hour. Sure, but how can we leave and lock up when the only access is a sliding glass door? Answer is, you can't. We waited the hour or so and it got a bit cooler but not tremendously.
While stripping off our clothes waiting to cool down, we surveyed the room and notices a few very noticeable flaws. (Please see the photos). The first was the closet, missing a handle and while they were on track they were only on a top track, which left them swinging if you touched them.
The second was the shower head, I'm 6'3" tall and the shower head was at my shoulder, I had to do the limbo to wash my hair.
Third was the bottle cap next to the armoire, no explanation needed.
Last but not least was the bed, the picture is exactly as we found it. The pillows compress so much they shouldn't bother putting them on the rather hard bed. My back & neck are certainly paying the price of $64.50/night.

We did not take advantage of the Continental Breakfast, so I can't comment on the deliciousness of the offerings.

The location is good. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant. The sunsets at the beach are beautiful.

Is it worth the Voucher Prices? Probably, but as the old adage goes, You get what you pay for.

Would I stay here again? No.

As to why we did not complain to the front desk about all the issues, it was made clear to us as we checked in that they were completely booked for the weekend and felt it would have been a futile request to change rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family