Lovers Point Inn
$202
  • Pool
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$169
BestWestern.com
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$130
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$129
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
$134
$98
Lighthouse Lodge
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Orbitz.com
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovers pointacross the streetthird floorocean viewgreat locationcannery rowcontinental breakfastbeautiful parkfloor roomhard boiled eggspoint parkthe beach house restaurantan older hotelcoffee machinerooms are smallfisherman's wharfflat screen tv
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is your typical "beach motel". What makes it special is the location. It is situated across from lovers point and within walking distance to the Monterey Aquarium. We were happy with the accommodations because we were able to get a really good deal on orbitz. I probably would not have been so happy if we paid "full price." We were visiting the area to be out and about - and explore. We did not spend much time in our room - except at night before bed. I read some reviews where people were unhappy about the room not looking like the pictures on the website. I would advise travelers to look at pictures on trip advisor and yelp to get a better idea of what the rooms look like. Our room looked exactly how I had expected - from other travelers pictures. If you basically need a place to sleep - in a good location - this could be a good choice if you get a good deal. Our room was clean and the hotel staff was very nice. It was a little noisy at night but we were able to sleep just fine.

Room Tip: Probably request a 2nd or 3rd floor room (1st floor seemed a little bit less updated and you have view of parking lot). It is not necessary to pay extra for ocean view. We did not pay for an ocean view and we could see it just as well as everyone else. Saw some bad reviews about being close to elevator (noisy) - but our room was not near elevator so that was not a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear ErinR2003,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed our location as well as our accommodations. Thank you for letting other travelers about our room photos - our rooms differ from floor to floor as well as sleeping accommodations. Our reservation page on our website has photos of each room type as well. It sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. It is conveniently located across the street from Lover's Point, the walking path that takes you all the way to the Cannery, then on to the Monterey Wharf, and convenient highway access to Highway 1, Highway 68, and 17-Mile Drive. Other than that, it isn't really all that great. I did find the front desk personnel helpful, for the 3 days we were there, and the continental breakfast is always a plus.

On the downside, the walls are paper thin so you can hear everything on either side of you, as well as outside your window; there is no air conditioning working (there is a unit, but it doesn't work) so you have to keep the windows open (which only exacerbates the noise) and the fan going 24/7 to keep any air moving. The upgrade to the King bed was worth the price, but it was put in a room that couldn't really support that size bed, so you could only get in on one side (or at the foot of the bed). The ocean view was nice, and I requested a 3rd floor room so I wouldn't hear anyone above me. After hearing everyone on either side of me all night, I was glad I chose to upgrade so at least I wouldn't have to hear the noise above.

Honestly, the hotel is decent, but not for the price. It is in a prime location which sends the price of the rooms higher. If I had known everything I know now before I booked, I would have paid the same amount and stayed elsewhere.

If you do stay here, try the restaurant across the street, and take the walk towards Cannery Row to find the beach where the seals sleep all day (protected and only visible from the walkway).

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor room - no noise from above. An ocean view will put you near the stairway so expect a lot of foot traffic all day and night. I would forgo the ocean view to be in the middle of the third floor and hope to have less people walking outside my room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear jenkay_70,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location as well as our continental breakfast. Thank you for your input, we are continuously listening to guest feedback to ensure we can provide the best possible guest experience. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The front desk was very rude and sarcastic, put us next to the elevator, very dark room asked to move said they were full understandable since it was the of July, asked again the next day, the guy said ok, to wait till the room two doors down was done cleaning, saw that they where done, check the front desk was now told nothing now available and the room was bigger. He didn't offer an apology or ask if we wanted to pay additional for the larger room. We told them this room was noisy again and explained about the elevator, everyone from the elevator can see into the room, had to close the drapes for privacy which made it very dark and stuffy, the front desk guy told us to wear earplugs when we explained this. It was clear the front desk they were very rude to tell us to wear earplugs. Who would tell a PAYING guest to do this! We ask why you didn't notify us no explanation. Lucky for us the elevator broke to reduce the noise. Unlucky for the guest who had to bring all their luggage down by stairs. They need to fire them kids in the front desk and hired the maids instead. I would never or recommend this place to anyone. The only thing they got going for them is the location and the restaurant across the street. The attempt for remodel is poor, the paint is ready to peel off and the carpet is filthy. They used the same tile in the elevator as the bathroom and the under parking garage which they didn't even tell us where to park until we ask is wet and feels unsafe. Women don't go down there alone.

Room Tip: The front desk need to be fired very rude and sarcastic, especially Josh, answers your question the sarcastically says have a nice day.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Felicia S
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Felicia S,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We listen to guest feedback and comments like yours allows us to continually improve. I'm sorry your room did not meet your expectations, our glass elevator does make an ambient noise when being used and I apologize if it was a distraction. We will bring up your comments to our front desk staff and ensure the best communication and customer service is being practiced. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights and we were pleasantly surprised about the great location.
However, I would not recommend this motel as it was quite expensive, not updated, had thin walls and poor service.

Our first night we stayed on the first floor. Guests on the 2nd floor were partying and being noisy in the evening. Around 4 am we woke up to the sound of water dripping on the carpet in our room. It came from the sealing!!!
We complained and were told we could get the room next door. They then changed their minds and around noon we were told to go upstairs to another room.
The rooms on the 2nd floor are nicer. We tried to get compensation for the inconviniecne but no, they told us the new room was 20 dollar more expensive...
The 2nd night we woke up in the middle of the night by our noisy neighbors. They were talking loud and running around. At some point another mail guest came out of his room yelling. He was really really upset about the noisy people. He was yelling for a long time and was running around for some time to find the noisy persons but as they had hissen in their room, next to us, he couldn't find them.

So, we had two awful nights here. Too bad since we really really liked the views and location.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Fnuttan83,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm glad our staff was able to switch your room and I apologize for the inconvenience. Sometimes hiccups arise and rooms need maintenance, thanks for being patient and allowing us to provide different accommodations. I'm sorry you had to deal with noisy neighbors, our hotel is usually very quaint and quiet. Thanks again for your review, comments like yours allow us to continually improve.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit. It's right across the street from the beach and only a couple of blocks from downtown Pacific Grove, so there are lots of fun activities, majestic views, and nice restaurants within walking distance.

The staff was fantastic. After trying the lady's in the visitors' center downtown who made everything in town sound so boring, I went to the front desk for some info on more local things to do. The guy gave me much better literature & maps; and more importantly his enthusiasm made everything sound so fun and exciting. His attitude and helpfulness were precisely what I needed and they couldn't have been better.

The only reason this place doesn't get 5 stars is because of the noise. The walls are thin, so you can hear the light rumblings of your neighbors' TV & conversations. It wasn't enough to keep you up at night, but it can be a little distracting.

I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric T

Dear Eric T,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We appreciate your positive comments and it sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our front desk staff. We take pride in great customer service and comments like yours let us know we're doing a great job. Thanks again for your review, we look forward to seeing you in the future!