“Friendly, Clean, & right by the water!!”
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I called last minute to book a room for my husbands birthday weekend and right from the start the staff was excellent and super friendly. Shae was very accommodating when he booked our room. Josh & Rolly were always smiling when we went down to the lobby and they were very helpful. Rooms were clean. The room was just as pictured on their website no bait and switch!! Useful extras like fridge, microwave, ironing board, iron, blow dryer, blanket & pillow were all in the room. They said our room did not have a view but I disagree from the second story we could see the waves breaking and enjoyed views Bonus :) There was free parking at the hotel and we were close by to Montereys main attractions. We find a little slice of heaven at Lovers Point and we cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Stay in the 2nd or 3rd levels for a great view
4  Thank b7family
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear b7family,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I'm glad our front desk staff was so accommodating - I'll be sure to pass on your compliments. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms and ocean view. We hope to see you soon and await your return!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Of all the hotels I've stayed in this was the cleanest - and I've stayed at the Fairmont in San Jose, where the Presidents stay. The price is very reasonable and the location is incredible! Lovers Point Park is directly across the street and to get to the beach is about a one minute walk. The "continental breakfast" should be called "great breakfast to go" - only hot food comes from a toaster, but yogurt, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, pastries, etc. are plentiful. Staff is very friendly and courteous. I'm told they fill up just about every weekend, so book early - but if you're planning a last minute trip definitely try giving them a call. I plan on returning for my anniversary - maybe every year :-)

Room Tip: Check online to see when Pacific Grove has events (like when the Monarch butterflies migrate). You c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank xLaurieClarkex
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear xLaurieClarkex,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We take cleanliness very seriously and it's great to hear that our guests notice. I'm so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous, I'll be sure to relay your positive comments to them. Please do return on your anniversary, we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Was here on Easter Sunday 2014. Staff were very helpful and pleasant.
Room was beyond our expectations. Clean and comfortable. Able to hear noice and voices from other rooms but that is expected for the age of this building. Would stay here again. View from balcony was beautiful !!!!!

Room Tip: If you want to view ocean from room need second floor and higher, ocean side.
3  Thank Carol H

Dear Carol H,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you chose to stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and enjoyed your ocean view. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Location is what makes this place a find. It is a typical old beach hotel. The view from the 2nd & 3rd floors are good, although you do look over a parking lot before seeing the ocean. It does have amenities like a refrigerator microwave oven and a continental breakfast. As long as you aren't expecting a 4 star hotel it is doable!!!!! Oh, it is a bit noisy!!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for the 2nd or 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear yaay4travel,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and our ocean views as well. Thanks for choosing to stay with Lovers Point Inn and we hope to see you again soon!

Thomas

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Monterey Peninsula is paved with hotels and motels, so you should not have to settle for this shabby and tasteless place, and certainly not sight unseen! The waters of Monterey Bay could be seen from our third floor room, but only across the noisy parking lot of another motel. There were breezes from the Bay, but the air inside the room was stagnant and reeked of cleaning fluids. The room felt cluttered, you could barely turn around in the bathroom and the mattress was unstable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank No_Mas_Tomas

Dear No_Mas_Tomas,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I regret to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations. We are working diligently to ensure a fantastic guest experience and your feedback is very important to us. We hope you can give us another try in the future, thanks for choosing to stay with Lovers Point Inn.

Thomas

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have stayed there several times, and would stay again. The location is one of the best things going for it. The beds are great and comfortable. The TVs are modern. Rooms come with a microwave and a refrigerator.

Some reviewers talk about the dated decor, and yes, there is some of that, but I think the view options, location and beds make up for that.

The staff have always been friendly and are accommodating. I am maybe more adaptable than some. This last stay, our bathroom fan was very noisy, but I appreciated it over many finer hotels I've stayed in that didn't have fans at all. The toilet needed some adjusting, but I knew how to work with a handle that needs to be pulled back up etc.

Yes, it could have used repairs, but we got a great price, and I wouldn't complain.

Room Tip: If you want a view room, make sure to ask for it. They do seems to offer discounts for AAA etc, or...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear JoRayeA,

Thanks so much for your review. I'm happy to hear you found our beds comfortable and our staff will be happy to hear your positive comments about them as well. Thanks for choosing to stay with Lovers Point Inn, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We spent three days here. It was cheaper than most and the view were very pretty. I borke my foot and was on a scooter. There was no ramp only stairs everywhere so if you are going there with any disability do not stay here. It is just to hard. Our water was shut off for a couple of hours which wasn't too bad what was bad is they worked on the room until after 10 pm at night. They finally stopped after several people called and complained about how late they were working on it. Not to be to grafic but if you were in your bathroom (which are extremly small husband had to step into tub to shut the door) you could feel the floor vibrate. If you have more that 2 people in a double room it gets really crowded. I think a room with two people in it with a king bed would be better. The young man that was there when we checked in was really nice and welcoming. The older lady when we checked out not so much. She was very short and you could tell she was irritated just with having to deal with checking someone out of their room. If you want really cheap then stay here but if you want comforable and relaxing i wouldn't recommend it you do hear everything. I think next time we will pay the extra to stay somewhere with a view. It was handy to be so close to the beach but i dont' think it was worth what we paid for it.

Dear Saldria,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Lovers Point Inn. I'm so sorry you had a hard time navigating our property - I can certainly understand why you were frustrated. We take your comments seriously and we're sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I've brought this up to Management so we can address how we can better serve disabled guests and I've also addressed the several other issues you mentioned. Thanks for choosing to stay with us (and I hope your foot gets better soon!)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
#5 of 56 in Monterey
Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
#13 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!